Just Bought A Ugly Stick!

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Ok, after reading countless posts about Ugly Sticks on here I finally went out and bought one. My only reason for not having one already is that I prefer a rod with a cork handle and all the Ugly Sticks I have ever seen have a foam handle. I was at Dick's Sporting Goods the other day and although I wasn't shopping for a new rod, I took a look at the rod selection and came across a 8 1/2' med. action Ugly Stick with a cork handle. Well it felt real nice in my hand and I thought about my B.O.C. brothers being so happy with the Ugly Sticks and I broke down and spent the money! This rod is not the Ugly Stick Lite that have the cork handle but a regular Ugly Stick. Is this something new?

2. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    You will sure be happy with it. I predict it won't be long before you buy some more and it won't be to replace a bad one either. You see, you have just raised the bar!

ST

3. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    ugly stiks:worship: :worship:

4. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    Now you went and dun it.. That's how it started with me, i had to try one out at the store. nice rod 6'6" med action line up to 25# i think.. well that rod was just the start, now i have 3 med actions ugly's and 1 light short ugly. they seem to be a great rod.. I have desided to buy another rod from Tim Hagen a signature series Danny King rod 7' med action up to 30# line going to try it out this year.. good luck with your rod.

5. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Have several 7' MH uglys and I think there great.May buy two more,I just purchased two more reels off ebay.65 rods and reels ain't to many....or is there such a thing as to many???. Oklahoma law says I can only use 7 at a time,but I like to go several times! See,I don't have enough yet.

6. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Just ordered a 10' MH from Catfish Connection. Can't wait for it to arrive!!!

Ray

7. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I used to have 7 ugly sticks but I am slowly phasing them out since I fish out of a boat now. I keep two ugly sticks in the boat now since I can only fit 4 one piece rods in the rod box. For the one piece rods I went with Tsunami heavy action spinning rods, truely the perfect boat rod IMHO.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    [/B]
    Heck no - 65 rods ain't too many! I got around 75 rods and 150 reels and always lookin' to add to the collection. Now my wife has a different opinion of my collection but.........:rolleyes: Wow, you can use 7 rods at a time in Oklahoma? We are only allowed 2 here in Pa. I hate that law, I would like to be able to use 3 or 4 anyhow!

9. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    7?! We get one in Minnesota:sad: . I'd love the chance to use two!!!

10. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'm considering 2 of the 10' myself to help get the baits spread out while drifting. Let me know how you like it.

11. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I was mistaken. It's a 10' Heavy rod. Looks great with an Abu 7000 on it.:)

Ray