Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Just Booked

567 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SkiMax 
#1 ·
Sorry, I am pretty excited. I just booked a ski trip to Steamboat Colorado from January 1st-8th. Pretty pumped. Anybody skied there? I am thinking of going with the SnowCat guide service one day. Alot of Money but man, the vertical and powder are intense!

#3 ·
I'm a powder hound too ! I love the steeps and deeps. Steamboat is a nice area. But since I live 25 minutes for ALTA and snowbird I usually don't go out of state to ski. I'm also a ski ranger up there so I do it for free.

We got 90 inches so far this year and 9 inches of new champaign dry powder. WoooHooo. Tele turns are in the near future for me !

Have fun at Steamboat !

#4 ·
Sounds awesome! My best friend lived in SLC last year and worked at Alta. So I went out and visited him and hit up Alta. It is totally sick! Some of the lightest snow i've ever skied and some really nice steeps (no Jackson Hole, but very nice). Tele skiing is fun but I like my Volkl Gotama's for the deep stuff. Keep those turns coming!!!

And our local ski hill here in indiana is opening thursday. They have been blowing like crazy and have a 400' vertical and FIVE lifts :big_smile:

DRC, i probably shoulda thought of a better subject, lol!

#5 ·
Steamboat is a great area particularly for families.It has the best powder in Colo and some superb tree skiing.I will be going to Colo the first week in April for my annual trip.I was stationed there and lived there for 13 years and have skiied virtually all the areas a zillion times.I go in April when the rates are the lowest,snow is the deepest,weather is the best and the crowds the least.Actually its Coppers' Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny bikini contest that lures me back:big_smile: :lol: :eek:oooh: :tounge_out: .I stay in Breckinridge and ski a different area every day.Breck,A-Basin Keystone, Copper, Vail, and Beaver Creek.Hope it snows every day for you.:smile2:

#6 ·
thanks! my uncle lives in denver and i've skied alot of the colorado resorts, but this will be my first time at Steamboat. I love Copper's Terrain Park-intense! And Vail has some real nice bowls if you can get to them on a powder day, all of colorado is good, but i am still in love with Jackson Hole-that place is insane, if you have never been-make a trip!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.