Just another tip

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jan 23, 2010.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Again, I know most all of you guys do this, but some beginers dont.

I always carry an extra reel in my tackle bag full of line.

On many occasions I have snagged up after making along cast, and while trying to break free my line has broke close to the reel.

This will leave you with a reel without much line left on it, all you have to to is put on a new reel full of line.

I even go to the extreme, I carry an extra reel full of line, plus extra line, incase this mishap happens twice, and it has.

Nothing worse than fishing with one rod, when you should have 2 in the water.

2. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Being a bank fisherman I always carry xtra reels,line,tools,oil,lube and anything else I can fit in a bag I keep in the vehicle if it doesnt go all the way to the water.Sound advice,because you wont have a trip ruined because you didnt have what you need.I will add I always have atleast 2 or 3 shockleaders right down to the hook already rigged up for when the bite is on and there isnt time to be tying stuff.

3. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i like to carry an extra reel because when im fishing i hate taking the time to untangle a backlash on a lazy cast :angry: . Much quicker to just re-tie my rig.

4. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    I always carry extra spools of line with me when I go Usually one or two for respooling and one for leaders. For the same reasons as above. Also tend to carry too many sinkers. Usually have 2 backpacks. And the one will definitly give you a work out...

5. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    normally i have 3 rods that i use.....i know not the rules (but may be this season) but my ol lady fishes with 1 pole most times....i just say its hers if im ever asked or anything. if i do get a hangup or backlash i just take "hers" back lol. but def solid advice jack. i think i may have to start carrying 1 if they switch it to a 3 rod limit this year

6. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    How many did you say you fish with ? I didn't hear you.... depending on where i go, but some times i fish with 6 poles. yes, that's right folks, they call me the outlaw:cowboy:. just messing with ya Chris,i know you're by the book, just wanted to put you in the spot light for a min :laugh1::rotfl::snicker:

7. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    when i head out, i have my poles rigged up, and carry at lest 1 extra hole rig for each pole i fish with, plus all the extra stuff that i need, and a pile of stuff i don't need ( for some reason ?)

8. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    cause u just never know. lol i got that same bad habit of packing things i dont need.

9. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    i think i mite need all the stuff as im packin up, then when i get to walking i think w t h was i thinking :sad::sweat::sweat:

10. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    exactally. then ur thinkn next time i aint takn all this crap but low and behold next time comes around and ur still packn all the same crap.

11. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thats why I have such a big family. I can fish with 14 poles at a time! LOL!

12. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    ok ok ok you got me......depends where i am.........that one spot we had that mofo covered!!!! you had 6 poles and i had 8 out.......bad thing was only 1!!! fish was caught....and it was by you! lmao but it ok i cant wait till it get warm out....the bite turned off way too quick there.....cant fig out why though...
    but for the most part if i am in a public/state spot i do try to abide by the laws...

13. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i usually just bring a extra rod, because i dont know about you guys. When its 2am and you snap off, i dont really feel like retying at that point lol

14. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    In Ky. there's no pole limit. So I just keep extra line for the purpose of respooling. I usually fish with 3 poles if bank fishing and 4 if on the boat.

15. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I usually take 2 combos..And a spool of line that i normally use for leaders..but if i break off which is rare..I would just use my spool of 17 lb big game...

16. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Good advice there .I usually have 1 or 2 extra R&R with me so if that happens I just use different one then redo the first 1.

17. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    When i go fishing I take all my rods. I leave the extra rods in the truck but if something like that happens then I would just go get one of my other rods.

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good tip Jack. Smart preparation can make for a pleasant trip.

19. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    yep, that was pretty bad, 14 poles, 1- 15lbs flatty. i wasn't going to let all the info out Chris, but THANKS FOR SHARING......:laugh1::rotfl::laugh1:

20. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I just bring all of my flathead set ups with me.

In PA, we are technically only allowed to use 2 rods at a time, but I just bring em all.:arghh: