Just another night on the water.

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by AZflats, Sep 17, 2006.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Went to Bartlet Saturday through Sunday morning.
    Ups~
    * Great carp action. Caught some real small commons, even got one with my fly rod.
    * Cooler day time temp.

Downs~
    * I almost got plowed over in the middle of the night by a drunk boater while ancored near a rock piling close to the marina.
    * Two bites all night... one small flatty caught. Drastic air temp dropped, I think that turned the fish off.
    ????????
    * Why do some bASS fishermen think it is okay to troll right past the front of you while you are set up fishing for cats in the middle of the night? Jerks have no respect when you have lines out...

Besides the drunks and the jerks~ Made it back home and made some more memories with my girls...

* Hope everyone else did okay.

2. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Andy,

All I can say about the drunks and the jerks is that some people never cease to amaze me. It seems like you experience just about everything and then someone has to come along and give you a new experience.

As far as the drunk guy...next time you won't be there to save him from the rocks and his boat will be sitting on the bottom! :smile2:

As far as the downs of not catching too many fish...the barometric pressure dropped on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Fishing would have been good then, but it would have taken several days for the fish to become active again. Also as you had mentioned, the cooling of temps had some to do with it also. It has gotten real cold up in Flagstaff....it froze Saturday night.

Ryan

3. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Yeah, I guess the good thing about shore fishing is finding some nice secluded spots away from all the ruckus, except for the occasional truck who thinks its funny to lay on the horn while driving by the camp. (trouble is, catfishermen don't sleep at night) I was at Ead's Wash above Roosevelt all Saturday night, 6 poles out with live and cut bluegill, liver, and worms. NOT ONE BITE ALL NIGHT. Well, maybe one or two pecks, but no takes. Unfortunate, but it was cold enough to make a little fire and take a nap. It was nice to finally get a break from all the heat.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Antonio,
    Glad to see you are back up and fishing. Hows the hand? Ready to do battle with a big cat and update that Avatar?:big_smile: