Just a thought...

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Moonlightn, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
    What do you think would happen if Urija Faber signed with UFC.
    This cat has some serious potential of being the next MMA superstar! IMO
    Not that he isn't already but WEC doesn't seem to be offering him anyone that he can't handle. I thought Pulver might relieve him of his belt but he wasn't able to. That was a big test for Urijah and he aced it! I look foreword to their rematch.

2. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Doubt if it would happen anytime soon, because Faber is the face of the WEC. From the way I understand it, Dana White has a say so over the WEC too. I think the 2 are connected. Not sure to what extent.

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Without him the WEC has no other real attractions to market. Pulver was a big name at one time but no one has really paid any attention to him. Im sure that they have other talent there but none as marketable (is that a word?). Since Zuffa ownes WEC, Im sure that they are in no hurry for that organization to go away

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There is no weight class for Urijah in the UFC is there? Isn't he a featherweight? I think that's why Pulver went to WEC, so he could drop a weight class.

5. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Urijah fights at 145. If he jumped up to 155 to fight in the UFC, I think that he would end up getting lost in all the talent the UFC has in that division.

6. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
    I don't think a few pounds would slow him down any. I would rather see him mixed in with the UFC talent pool. Than see him walk through everyone in his division.
    Penn -VS- Faber would be worth paying for!

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I totally agree with you. I know he wouldn't be as dominant in the UFC, he probably does too...and Zuffa.

8. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    That would be a great fight to watch. I think that alot of guys in the UFC would give Faber a very hard time (if not hand him a few defeats). Match him up against Kenny Florian, Roger Huerta, Clay Guida, Sean Sherk or even Joe Stevens and Im willing to bet that he would get beat. He already lost to Tyson Griffin a few years ago....He's a great fighter but the 155 division in the UFC is stacked really deep with tough guys.

9. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    I think he would do just fine honestly this guy packs a total barrage of punches, kicks, elbows, and is comfortable anywhere I think he would fair just fine if not great...The kids got talent and half