Just a thought....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Donette, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Donette

Donette New Member

State:
    minnesota
    As I am new at this sight, I have had great fun reading others comments. I wonder if I am the only one who also fish's for peace. Yep, I don't care what kind of boat I am in, or chair that I sit on. It's the contentment and peace that I wait to catch. No where I have found it more reassuring that "all will be well", then under the stars. The sound of fish slapping the surface of the water. A shooting star that caught you without a wish. The wonder if that is a satelite or a ufo. The calm and peace that crawls over you, a silent whisper that everything will be alright. That is what I fish for. A catfish on my hook is only a added bonus. It's just a thought....

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Good thoughts. Welcome to the BOC.

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Very nice thoughts Donette. A lot of us like that peace feeling too. It's called getting out of the house.

4. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    there are times when i get all worked up over catching and not fishing. but, i allways come to my senses in time to stop and enjoy the moment. fishing has brought me more peace throughout my life than anything else in the world. i wish i could remember the whole quote from the movie "a river runs through it".

5. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Welcome to the BOC.
    Now what you wrote is exactly why I fish, I couldn't of said it better myself.
    Wanna go fishing tonight?

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Donnette, Welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:. The fish rarely give me time for any peace :smile2:, but i understand what you are saying. I get that feeling more when sitting on a deer stand in the middle of nowhere.

7. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks Donette and welcome.

I agree 100% (well maybe 99%, I do like to catch catfish)

Catfishing gives me the chance to kind of kick back and relax. Life is so hectic these days (get to work, make dinner, get the boy to practice, is the homework done, clean up, mow the lawn, laundry, ...) that it's just about the only time I can sit back and do nothing (while waiting for a bite), and "nothing" is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing right then!!!

Oh, and here's a bit of "rep" to get you started. You'll fit right in here!

8. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to the BOC.from Arkansas.

9. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    donnette, that is a very good point. i love to get out in nature and listen to the sounds of the night. the owls, the coyotes, the crickets, watching the bats fly around, it is all so peaceful to me. lets me get away from the stresses of the day. i will admit i do like to catch nice cats, but i am content just to sit there and relax.

10. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Donette, welcome to the BOC/Sisterhood, I love the way you said what you said. It is the peacefulness that keeps us comin back. Bringing us peace of mind body and soul. To see the moon reflecting off the water, hear the animals around the waters edge hidden in the shadows of the nite. To watch the stars twinklin in the sky. Total tranquility away from all the stress of daily life. What more could we all ask for in this day and age? Im glad to see you joined our ranks, hope to read more of your posts, and if you get the opportunity, come by chat and hang out with us a while.

11. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Very well said, welcome to the BOC!!!

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What a wonderful post.That is exactly the reason that I fish,oh yes I like to catch them but the peace and tranquility well there is alot to be said for that alone. Welcome sister and enjoy yourself cause I sure do. This place is just absolutely awesome.~~~~~~Sister Pat from Missouri. PS. Also giving you a rep,your post just hits the nail on the head,in fact dead center!!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

13. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC. I fish for peace too! Just didnt know how to say it. thanks

14. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's what it's all about. It's nice to catch a fish or two...but not necessary.

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to the B O C /S O C ,yep its soothin in a way and downright horrid tho when I go out and dont get at least a few bites tho.

16. koakley1

koakley1 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yeah, thats the way I feel. No TV's, radios or video games and I even turn off the cell phone. Welcome to the BOC.:0a27:

17. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thats why Im usually the first one at my favorite fishing hole. Just some ducks and geese making noise. I usually keep my phone on just so I can check the NFL scores,news and such.