Just a reminder about valentines day

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by cook, Feb 8, 2006.

1. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    When the wife says she dosen't want anything special for valentines day next Tuesday,you better run to the nearest Flower shop,jewelry store,or gourmet chocolate store.Wal-mart doesn't count.

Who invented it anyways??
    I thought that was what anniverserays were for?

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nope, Anniversaries are for making sure you don't forget about the ball and chain attatched to your ankle and showing them how much they are worth.

Valentines day is to make sure that they get their chocolate fixes and quota of flowers.

Couple of ideas for ya

Vermont Teddy Bears
    Day of Beauty at a Spa
    Gift Basket of favorite Items

things that are NOT good ideas

lingerie *(they want to try it on to make sure it fits/looks good on them)*
    household appliances

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I saw on the Simpsons where Homer bought Marge a Bowling Ball with his name on it for Valentines day once...that probably isnt one of the better choices either;)
    Sounds crazy, but Im getting my wife some redoing of one of our rooms with hardwood flooring...trust me, she hates that room and it will go over well.
    Salmonid

4. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    hmmmmm, I think I will buy the wife some fishing equipment, she doesn't like to fish so guess I'll have to use it for her......lol

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    You guys are kidding right. I hope so cause if your not, you just throw another iron in the fire for me.
    I thought V-Day was so the girl could give something to the guy.
    Every year my wife gives me something. Now your telling me I have to give her
    something back. I thought all this time she was mad on V-Day cause she couldn't afford an expensive gift for me. I guess this year I will share my box of chocolates with her. :sad:

6. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Simple solution to a simple problem. This can be used on any and all occasions where gift giving is expected.
    Go to the local store/mall and buy an expensive anything in a super small size (OK, not a bra) and give it to her with a heart felt card. She will love the fact that you remembered in the first place AND got her a card AND thought she was that small and dainty. It gets better, now she can return it guilt free for what she really wanted in the first place AND she has to leave the house to exchange it so you get a little alone time with your real good buddies, Mr. TV and Mr. Remote. Inviting Mr. Beer is optional.

7. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    just another way to waste good fishing money :mad: she knows i dont want anything and she knows i dont want to get her anything so i guess i better get ready for a week long of being on ignore oh the bliss of it all :rolleyes:

8. sbursik

sbursik New Member

State:
    McKinney Texas
    Next Tuesday? Man! I hate Valentines day! What's in it for me? Nothin. I delare this Saturday Me Day! On Me Day you get to fish as much as you want with no guilt!

;)

Scott

9. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

Ok you got it, Myself, daystarchis, and Vini are headed out for the day. Anyone want to join us feel free.:p

10. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    MAN! I feel sorry for you guys!
    Have yall been married too long or don't care. I evjoy getting things for Tammy. She rarely asks for anything other than me to re-do a room or something.
    I'll be getting her something totally frivalous. Just so she knows I didn't forget.
    I kinda feel sorry for you. Only time she really "gets on me" is when I've screwed up.

11. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well as for me I have been married 25 years and my wife will get some roses from me given to her in a vase sitting next to a hot bubblebath in a candle lit bathroom after thAT ------- NOT TELLIN

12. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Not being married, I guess i don't have all of the same worries. All I've ever been asked is just to be there, and to make a fantastic dinner. No fancy gifts, no flowers, nothing out of the ordinary.

Ray

13. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I am glad there is a day specially set aside to show her I love her! She shows me everyday! Heck she will most likely tell me I should go fishing after the brunch we traditionally do!

14. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Well, I got my husband a SwissCard (it's like a Swiss Army knife, but is actually a plastic card, about the size of a credit card, that he can keep in his wallet. I'm hoping for a silver bracelet I saw in a boutique here in town.;)

15. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thats right.
    Congrats on 25 years.. It will be 25 years for me and My wife this month.
    I wouldn't want it any other way. We know what this month is about. :) :)

16. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    lets recap here last mothers day i got a 16 foot jon. with 35hp evinrude

valentine day before last i got a 14 foot jon and trailer

what should i get me this valentines day???????

well i really could use a new ugly stik fishing pole ...........no to impersonal

i know how about a nice set of matching cusioned boat seats...............

too hi falootin ...............................................................................

maybe i should get her something this time:rolleyes:

17. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Last mothers day my wife saw a table for a miter saw that she wanted so thats what she got, maybe for v-day I'll get her a new abu, she likes to fish also.

18. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    rip's post;
    Last mothers day my wife saw a table for a miter saw that she wanted so thats what she got, maybe for v-day I'll get her a new abu, she likes to fish also.

that girl is a keeper bro. thats the way i like em "no frills";)

get er a good one that way if for some reason she aint to keen with it you can make good use of it:)

19. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish Member

State:
    Indianapolis, I
    I was going to get her a gift card to "Ed's Bait n' Tackle". lol

20. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    Not being married, I guess i don't have all of the same worries. All I've ever been asked is just to be there, and to make a fantastic dinner. No fancy gifts, no flowers, nothing out of the ordinary.

Ray

ray dude your being subjected to the oldest trick in the book!

take my word for it

flowers jewelry a nice restaraunt and a big box of chocalates
    switch the order around but those are definently what its gonna take to get you MARRIED.

then after she marrys you then the REAL fun begins .

:p