Just a little FYI

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by jspiel, Nov 25, 2006.

1. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    most of you Michigan guys have seen my "blue lite special" fishing rod. well I just got my Christmas flyer from the Catfish Conection. They are actually selling my rod as a combo with a Garcia casting reel. you choice of 8, 9, or 10 foot casting rods paired with either a 6500 c-3 or a 7000 c-3 casting reel. the price of the combo is less than the normal price for just the reel.

I know you all made fun of my glo-stik, but I know that deep down you were all green (maybe blue) with envy.

Happy Holidays to Y'all

jon

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Awww Maaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Day late and a lotta dollars short.

My grandpa just gave me a rod he got on sale for 22 dollars. It is a 12 footer with a glowing tip. He said he cant cast it so he gave it to me. Now I cant go telling my wife I need ANOTHER fishing rod this soon. It will totally negate my argument that nobody needs to buy 2 or more pairs of shoes in one outing... This could throw off the whole balance of influence in the "fishing equipment is just like shoes" eternal negotiation I have working to my benefit right now.

Ill tell you what- buy one, then give it to me. Then Ill have one too and you wont feel all alone when fishing with me, nor will you feel like you're lit up like Las Vegas in the desert, cause we both will have the same thing. Ill accept this gift as a favor to you, cause Im such a darn nice guy. It works well for the argument above cause SURELY a fella cannot deny a gift of fishing equipment... just as my wife cannot deny a free pair of shoes. SEE!!! ITS PERFECT. I'll PM you my address. LMAO

Aint I something!?!?

LOL

Cool deal, Jspiel... just the wrong time of year for me.

Sal

3. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    Sal

I just spoke with santa and he agreed to drop the rod off for you. check under your tree on the 25th. He did say that he was going to check it out first tho. Something about an e-mail he got from Don. LOL

Happy holidays to you and yours.

4. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Dear Santa,
    All I want is a Glow Stick, Used or new, it makes no difference. I've been a good boy! Just ask Nancy. She wants two pair of shoes. She's been a good girl.
    Sparky