Just a heads up to everyone.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Sep 19, 2009.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wound up in ER Friday evening. Nurse Practioner sent me via ambulance. Had a doctors appointment Friday afternoon and when she seen me didn't like the looks of the situation. I'm all blowed up with fluid,but nobody knows why. ER gave me an Ultrasound to check my lower legs for bloodclots,that came back ok,did bloodwork on my heart and kidneys both of them came back perfectly normal.They did however pull 3 liters of fluid off of me. The doctor in ER came in and said great news,all your tests came back all ok so I'm gonna send you home. I said to him,if everything came back OK how come my feel like they're gonna explode? HOW come you was able to pull 3 liters off of me in fluid,which by the way also includes gaining 30 pounds in 2 months time. Doctor says ya know sometimes we doctors can't get that part figured out. Tonight as I type this, I am wheezing,still swollen,my tongue is somewhat swollen and sore. I find myself very confused and desperately wanting answers. Hope I have something concrete in next few days and weeks. Ya all take care,I'll post as soon as I hear anything. Don't mind saying just a lil bit scared!!!:sad2::confused2:

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Pat i hope an pray the Drs. get your problem solved for you an soon .When they tell you every thing is good ,but you still have a problem it does make you worry .Hope everything works out for you, an keep us posted

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I know the feeling Pat, hang in there, and we will keep you in our Prayers.

4. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    best of luck with everything and hope for the best....prayers sent from illinois

5. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hope everything works in your favor. May the Hand of God guide the wisdom of the doctors. Thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Here's my advice Pat. You may have already followed this.

Eat a healthy diet each day. That means eat some breakfast, a bit of cereal, but no meat.

At lunch, eat a healthy diet each day. I LIKE cottage cheese. I am TRYING to like YOGURT. I'm eatin' the both of 'em, so I guess we're in luck.

At DINNER (aka supper).....you're on your own. Don't rely on the BOC boys to tell ya what to cook.

7. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Can't say it no better than Larry did. Get well soon

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Darn Pat, I hate to hear your going through this kind of thing. Get as many opinions as you can, be diligent with food and medications and write every thing down so you don't forget the details, it's all in the details. :wink:

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    When your Doc talks to you, what does he say? quack, quack, quack? I think I'd be for getting a second opinion. You shouldn't have to go thru all that and come up with an O.K.:crazy:

10. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Yeah, don't be afraid to shop around. Not all docs are equal. Some graduated with an average grade, but you gotta find that one that excelled. Good wishes to you, hope all gets back to normal soon!

11. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    ya get another opinion and watch your salt and sodium intake.:big_smile::cool2:

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    pat prayers sent your way hope you get well soon.

13. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Best of the luck for you Pat. Hope all turns out ok.

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Pat,Prayers and well wishes. Like said before healthy eating,and I'd dang sure get a second opinion.I dont allway practice what I preach,but I try ,the eating part ain't easy especially when ya love the worst food [potatoes] I just cant not eat em.

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    As others have suggested, a healthy diet is about the most important thing a person can do for them self.
    Some people have to take medication to keep their body from retaining liquids.

16. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thinking about you on this end Pat. Good luck and keep us posted.

17. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    sounds like an alergic reaction

18. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It does sound serious and the doctor can't figure it out??Why??Thats just crazy.Seek a second opinion for sure..The Foret family sends prayers for a speedy recovery..

19. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    good luck with that, hope you get it straightened out! ER and tests are never fun!

20. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Pat you are in our thoughts and Prayers. Hang in there like a rusty fishook.