Jurassic Park Turkey

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by SSG Johnson, Apr 27, 2006.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Ive been hunting this dude for three years to absolutely no ad vale. Tonight as I was talking with my neighbor he gobbled on the ridge behind the house. I know it is on tomorrow as I will pit my wits against his again. I went about half way down the ridge and hooted and tried to get him to gobble but couldn't seem to make him just like before. He just will not gobble to a Owl hooter. I sat and wait and then heard him fly up after about 5 min he let one go and I got him in the tree. Well I'm not going to say I will get him as my wife just laughed when I told her I was hunting in the morning because he has eluded me for the past three years. Wish me luck and maybe just maybe I will have a double bearded monster I like to call the Jurassic Park Turkey tomorrow morning.......

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck bro in the hunt, hope you get they big Gobbler.

3. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Got one not the ole Jurasic Park but did manage to bag a bird this morning at 6:15. That dude would not gobble this morning for nothing so I sat up at what I thought was about 75-100 yrds from him and was just quiet. After the sun just started coming up I heard a gobble but it seemed like it was real far away. I called as soft as I could and then listened for an answere (None came). After about 10 Min I called softly again and just like before nothing. I sat anouther 10 mins reasuring myself that he was there and it must be old Jurasic Park because just like years before he wouldnt Gobble in the morning. All of a sudden he broke loose not 100 yrds from me so I answered very softly with a few clucks and a purrs. Next thing I know he Gobbled real close maybe 50 yrds and I got the first sight of him through the trees moving to my left. When his head went behind a tree I made a move to get my gun up and then the darn thing wouldnt stop. I made a call with my mouth to stop him and he Gobbled and stuck that big white and blue head up and that was the last thing he saw. I will post pics as soon as I get them on the computer. It wasnt old Jurasic Park but its still a fine bird and I am proud.

4. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Here are the Turkey Pics.

Attached Files:

5. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Last night three turkeys flew up I thought that it was a gobbler and two hens but now I think it was three gobblers. I heard them go down the ridge into the feild and then this one came so I will hunt that big boy tommorow but I think you are right he got educated again. I didnt want anouther year coming out empty done that the last two years.

6. katmandue

katmandue New Member

State:
    Bonne Terre, MO
    Chuck, that's a fine looking bird you got there. I'm sure he's gonna make some great table fare.

7. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Ok finally got him weighed 23 lbs 10.5 inch beard 1" spurs. My brother in law is going to mount him for me. Now you cant beat that with a stick.

8. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Nice BIG bird, congrats.

9. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    that is a nice bird, congrats. now the big question, are you sure he wasn't bouncin on the trampoline when he caught his foot on the tree? LOL

10. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Well done and good story Chuck.

Tight Lines
    Danny J

11. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I dont know what kind of mount it will be but it will be free so I wont complain at all. My brother in law is going to mount it and he just started last year in Taxidermy and this will be his first turkey. He has done duck and they looked pretty good so I will just have to wait and see.