Junior moving to RCR?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by ryang, Jan 11, 2007.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Check out this story, do you think he would leave DEI?

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think that would be the best for both of them. If Jr left DEI he could be treated as a driver more than family and the same would go for Teresa, I think there were times when Jr. does things only thinking of himself and not being a team player (M. Waltrip comes to mind here). Jr. is a great driver mind you but I think he has some more growing to do.

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I dont think Jr. wants to leave DEI ( yet) I do see it down the road but not untell he gets want he want. and that would be a championship.I think what he did Tue was kinda setting the ground works with stepmom,that working out a contract will be done as adults and not kin.Did anyone notice that Kerry drove Jrs. car in testing Wed?Word has it he will be a liason(sp?)between DEIs busch and cup program, plus drive a few cup and busch races.smokey

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    If that evil step-monster teresa has anything to do with it.I don't like her and never have.When Big 'E' passed and left all to her I thought she would screw it all up.IMO,she just needs to take her millions and millions of dollars and go hide behind the scenes...wait,she already has done that.She ought to give Jr whatever he needs to win a championship and quit being a money hungry witch! If she would invest the $ like Childress and Hendrick,I think Jr would be doing a lot better now!
    I'd love to see Jr go to RCR and drive the #3,win a championship and laugh in Teresa's face!!!
    Can you tell I don't care for her?

5. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yea, I imagine Dale Sr. is rolling in his grave the way ole' Teresa is handling things at his company. I believe she is jealous of Dale Jr. and all the pub. he gets in the media.

6. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    geez John, dont be so shy and tell us how you really feel.I hope the Dale's kids do the right thing and buy her out.I feel bad for Kerry he seems to be the redheaded step child in this whole thing.Im happy Jr. and his sister are working with him. smokey

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Teresa screw it up?
    Teresa is why Dale Earnhardt amassed the fortune he did.
    Did you know Dale Earnhardt owned a seat on the New York Stock Exchange?
    She did that too.
    Dale Earnhardt wasnt just rich he was wealthy, very wealthy and a high school dropout. He said many times in many interviews that Teresa made him what he was. She was the brains of the operation.

The best thing Dale could do is run off the crew chief and his daddy.
    Neither one are top notch enough for a company like DEI.

Kerry isnt the redheaded step child. Kerry is where Kerry wants to be.
    Kerry has a wife and kids and has said openly to the media he wants to be home. (His dad never was). Kerry hasnt tried to break into Winston Cup.
    He runs a race here and there. Exactly what he has chosen to do.

I think Jr. knows where his bread is buttered. Jr. does about what Jr. wants to do. He cant do that working for the other man. Granted Jr. has grown up tremendously in the last year.
    I would like to see him drive a RCR car at some point but I wont hold my breath. While its the nostalgia of it all that drives us to hope, to them its business. They are out there to make money. Massive amounts of it so they will look after those interests.

I think we would be more apt to see Jr. strike a deal with Buttwiper and Goodwrench to drive a car with his dad's paint scheme for one race or a few selected races.
    In fact the deal is probally already done. Articles like this one and the many others that have dotted the net are going to play it up into a frenzy where the marketing value of the whole thing will net the highest possible dollars for all parties involved including NASCAR.
    Then it will be rolled out. If you remember Dale Earnhardt was the first to drive a "theme" car. It was for the money. He made more money off souviner sales then any other driver.

This aint good ol boy racing anymore. It's money. It's business, corporate business 6 days a week with a few hours actually in a car for the fans to see every week.

We see the "farewell" fan tours.
    Those generate tremendous amounts of money.
    These drivers never thought of such a thing until they saw the untold millions Richard Petty made doing a "fan farewell" tour.

To us its about cars and their drivers. To them its about money.
    Winston Cup has joined the ranks of other professional sports and the fact that money ruins the sport itself.
    Its money that drives the stupid points chase at the end of the year where you wind up with an illegitimate champion in most cases. Its money that closes the sport founding and building mainstay tracks like North Wilkesboro and Rockingham for larger markets like St. Louis or Pheonix. Its not racing, its a show.
    If you follow the sport and have for any length of time you'll readily see the sport is geared towards a new fan base more so then the fans that actually were a part of making it what it once was. Man and machine.

Money has degraded the sport and decisions are made based on money not nostalgia.

8. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Theresa would have to be brainwashed by aliens to let him go. Havent you seen the sea of red at every race? Its in both there interests to stay put.

9. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Mark I do believe you hit the nail on the head on this one. Nothing but a business anymore. Has nothing to do with man and machine going out on sunday proving something. The biggest winner is the team owner and driver who has the longest line at their souvenir trailer. It's sad but true, the sport has been ruined by turning it into a business venture. And I do believe the first thing Jr. and DEI need to do is get a crew chief worth having. Jr has the driving ability to win races, just needs a crew chief that knows how to win.

10. FRANK

FRANK New Member

State:
    Welland,Ontario,Canada
    I agree!!!

I think Dale Jr will stay put, maybe Theresa is just scaring him, haha

11. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mark J. you are right dead on with that post. Its all about the money. It will not be much longer and all the races will be pay per view only.

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    He would never own part of RCR. His ol man never did.
    He could forget ever being even a part owner of DEI if he ever left and that lives him with building his own DEI.
    Being brutally honest here, I dont see Jr. ever building or amassing an empire like DEI from scratch without some brains like Teresa brings to the table.
    He would have to pay somebody a hefty sum and he might as well climb out of the car because Owner/Driver just dont work in this day and age.

The first rule of business is never go into business with family to begin with.
    Thats the problem they have now. Family working for family.
    Tony Eury isnt kin to the Earnhardts. Dale Sr. and Tony married sisters.
    Close enough to be considered family I guess and close enough not to be run off from DEI.

Tony Jr. isnt a top notch crew chief. He is decent at a few tracks but far from being consistent like Some of the top dogs.
    I'll venture to say that Jr. will never win a chanpionship as long as the Eury's are running the show in the garage. It would be a fluke.
    They need to cast that lot out getting family out of the Earnhardt family business and try to snatch a good crew chief out from under a good team.
    I think the only business failure Teresa has made is not canning the Eury's.
    I think she feels indebted to Tony Sr. and probally rightfully so after the death of Dale. I imagine the Eury's were a big factor in keeping the racing end of it going.

They definately have the money to run and to contend every weekend. They just need some employees.

If you've never been to DEI its an experience. Its just a shame they cant get it together to win some championships.

Clearly Dale Earnhardt was and is still today the glue that binds.
    Dale Jr. was raised rough by alot of today's standards. Most of know Sr's demeanor and his smart---- antics and replies. I'm sure Jr. had some awesome toys as a kid but in his and Kerry's early forays into racing whether it was go carts or late models pops didnt supply them with a Mastercard. He instead gave them one bay in a garage to work on their junk and even showed up once in awhile to berate them on how they were turning wrenches.
    Jr. seems fond of these memories in his books and interviews even though pops was putting him through the ringer but he understands why.
    Jr. is an Earnhardt and that Earnhardt glue I believe will keep him at DEI and I think Teresa will share the pot at some point if not give him controlling interest but Jr. is still young, he still has plenty of time to run an empire like DEI.
    Jr. has said before he didnt want any part of running the day to day business at DEI because he wasnt capable. Maybe in this upcoming contract he is just looking more money for that T-1 connection he has at home.:lol:

One of the funniest Jr. stories to me was in the very beginnings of professional driving he wrecked the car at Charlotte in qualifying failing to qualify for an event. He was back at the doublewide (yep trailerhouse) drinking beer with the posse.
    Big E. shows up and walks right in the front door while the posse is easing out the backdoor and scattering to the winds like tumbleweed. He didnt only intimidate on the race track.:lol:

Yall have got to read some of these books. These guys do some dumb stuff just like we do even though the consequences may not be as high.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    First I would like to say the wife & I have been Dale Jr. fans since the 2000 season. We were fans of Dale Sr. prior to his death. We went to DEI on our honeymoon! I don't Theresa is wrong in calling Jr. out and questioning his motivation. I think there are times Jr. has his head elsewhere and if the old man where still around he would be setting Jr. straight. DEI certainly has the resources to field a champion team especially with Budweiser as a sponsor. The amount of merchandise they sell is staggering. It's up to Theresa to get the right people in place and Jr. to get the job done. There are still a good many tracks that the #8 car just can't do anything and they got to straighten it out or just making the chase is all they will ever accomplish.

14. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    It was just a few years back when Jr asked to have a contract driving the #8 car. Before that it was a givin that he would be in that car. Its one of those "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR , YOU JUST MIGHT GET IT" scenarios.
    My opinion is that Teresa Earnhardt is only trying to get this team and driver motivated to win more races and a championship for thre good of DEI.

Look back at the beginning of the 2006 season when Richard Childress questioned Harvick's focus and ability on winning races and a championship. It sure got Kevin's attention and look what he accomplished in one single season in 2 series.

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Walter, you got it.

16. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    I would hate to see Jr. driving anything but that red #8 car cause I have been a fan since his first cup season and always will be. Jr. has already stated that he would like to move to RCR after he has reached his goals (championship) with DEI, and possibly drive the black #3. Even though I am a huge fan I do not believe he is ready to drive the #3 car yet until his Earnhardt attitude comes out in full force like his dad's was. Also as being a Business student here at Ball State, if Jr. were to leave DEI it would absolutly kill the company because he is the face of DEI and will be as long as he is there so someone needs to get their crap striaght. As far as Budweiser stands, I believe they would most likely follow Jr. if they have any sense at all about marketing.

17. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    If Jr. leaves DEI, him and Teresa will regret it in the long run.

18. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    As much as I would like to chime in on this one, I will have to bite my lip.

I will say this, there are a couple of people who are dead on about what is going on, and a couple that drank the Kool-Aid. :eek:oooh: