Juniata River

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by ssskinner27, Sep 11, 2008.

1. ssskinner27

ssskinner27 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Any of you guys know of some good spots on the juniata River near thompsontown? I heard there is a deep hole behind Junes drive in that is awesome for fishing but I dont have a boat to get there.

2. beerman0303

beerman0303 New Member

State:
    PA
    Skinner, not trying to hijack your thread, but I don't know where else to post. I will be in Bedford on Sat. at a friends camp right on the river. They don't not fish. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the river. I plan on catching bait in the river during the day and using it to fish at night. What type of cats are in there? Any other info would be great.

Skinner, I hope you get your answers too.

Thanks

the beerman

3. ssskinner27

ssskinner27 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    There are channel cats in there I am not sure if there is any flatheads or not I have never caught one so I would say not but I have great luck with soft shelled crabs, cut bait Shad and fall fish work very well for me and I also use liver and gizards the gizzards seem to stay on much better. They are alot more gristle on the gizzards so it stays on the hook much better. Anyways Thats about all I got I have fished the river for along time and seriously the amount of fish that I catch now compared to 5 years ago is crazy much worse than it was. Later bud I hoped I helped a little

4. beerman0303

beerman0303 New Member

State:
    PA