Juniata River

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by JMarrs328, Apr 29, 2007.

1. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Anyone chase catties/ smallmouths on the Juniata? Me n a buddy of mine are planning to take an extended canoe trip on the juniata this summer. We're planning to take our canoes, tents, and fishing gear out for a week, and just live off the river. We just need to kno if there would be enough catfish so that we don't starve out there. lol! Anyone who knows what baits are best on the juniata would be helpful too. Thanks!!!

2. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey sound's like a nice trip. Although I dont fish the Juniata I cant see why it wouldent have Cat's in it. just pick a campsite neer a good deep hole and fish it in the evening or after dark. As your drifting along you should get a few Rockie's or Gill's or better yet some river chub's or susker's, save a few for bait that nite. This sounds like a trip for Huckelberry fin & Tom Sawyer.:smile2:

3. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Josh, there's a lot of channel cats as well as bullheads throughout the Juniata river. Theres some real nice holes just east of Lewistown. Plenty of other less desireable fish as well:big_smile: . If you fish any live bait be ready for some Musky action as well.

4. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks for the info guys!:smile2: