June Reports

Discussion in 'NORTH DAKOTA RIVERS TALK' started by LandsCats, Jun 6, 2008.

1. LandsCats

LandsCats New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    June has stated off a little slow but with what we learned last year and how to fish some faster water we are still landing some nice cats. Eric thats right we are in the boils and haven fun.

2. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Active Member

State:
    North Dakota
    June is here and with it comes the water. The Red is flooding at Fargo and up about 4 feet at Grand Forks but still rising. The fishing will be getting really good in the next few days as things settle down a little bit.

Right now the biggest obstacle is all of the floating debris. With no spring flood this year all the loose stuff is moving now making boat safety an issue. If you do go out just be careful when running and anchor out of the main current.

3. CaptainBrad

State:
    North Dakota
    The river is back down to a perfect level and the fish are biting. AWESOME!!!

4. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Brad,

You ever fish the tourney in Drayton? I want to do it but I can't register early due to my partner lives in Bagley and I in Stacy.
    Do you know if it fills up?
    Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

5. CaptainBrad

State:
    North Dakota
    My partner and I won it in 2004. It has gotten to be a popular tournament over the past years. I guess all you can do is call the day before and hope for the best.

I have not fished it the past years because our annual Lockport trip falls the same weekend.

6. CaptainBrad

State:
    North Dakota
    The river is really looking good now. We are in spawn but there are good fish to catch as long as you stay on the move. Cut sucker has been the bait of choice for the fish this week and I see no change in that over the next few days. going to be hot up here but the fishing should still be really good.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    You sure did a great job keeping us all posted. Thanks and I hope that JULY is even better.