June news!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by UncleDave, Jun 3, 2007.

1. UncleDave

UncleDave New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just walked my dog. The Lightening bugs are out!! You know what that means!! THE CURSE IS OVER!!

2. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    I read that several times. I actually have no idea what the means.

What does that mean, Johnny?

CP

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    &*(%#(%^!_&$#@^ and when *&(%^#%%@)^%(@, except it doesn't occur until &*$#@)(*%$.

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Hey Kutter, what happend to you the other night?

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I lost you all! I saw you both heading upstream. Later, I headed up to meet ya. Went all the way to up past the JB bridge, never saw ya. I head from Vince a few minutes ago, he said you were all hiding behind some barges and waited till I went past. LOL
    After not being able to find ya, I ended up on a back slew straight across from the Merimac river and fished there till around 10 pm. Got bored and went home.

6. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Yeah, we were hidin' from ya..Lol. Just kidding:tounge_out:.. We fished up behind them barges for a bit, and then headed back down river and hit a few more holes. We fished up till about midnight or so.

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I just wanted to say that it was nice meeting you Gary and Tom!!! It's always nice to put a face with a name and a good hand shake!!!

We'll have to do it again when / if the fish start biting!!!

8. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Likewise, to you Vince, and Tom nice meeting all of ya.. By the way, the fish were biting, :lol::tounge_out::tounge_out::lol: Just kidding. I hear ya. I went back out today all day, and didn't get a bite. The river is coming back up here. I came up a couple of feet overnight.

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Really!!! WOW, I hope the rivers will settle down soon, with the water levels fluctuating the way they have I'm sure that is why the fishing is so unpredictable. I think anyway:cool2: Oh well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it:tounge_out: Although it could be the course of Cuz's bananas like Vince and Kutter were talking about!:tounge_out:

I wanted to go out again today but I had to do the "Good Boyfiend" thing and take the little lady out on the town.. I was there physically but the call of the river was lingering in the back of my head:crazy::crazy: I may need to join cpalombo in the straight jacket!!:lol::lol::lol:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    All these BOC'ers on my home stretch of river and I couldnt be there.
    :cry::cry:

Sounds like you all had a hoot. Maybe I can catch up next time.

11. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO

We had a great time, too bad you couldn't have made it! We will do it again here soon hopefully when the fish start biting!!:tounge_out:

12. UncleDave

UncleDave New Member

State:
    Missouri
    LOL!! I have no idea either, cpalombo! I didn't go fishing yesterday and I guess I was feeling a little onry. Although I was thinking of using them for strike indicators insead of light sticks??

13. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    I wanted to get out with ya'll as well. I had plans to head to the zoo with the little lady and the little girls, so I was out. Would have been the 5th weekend in a row that I was out on the river, which is 3 too many for my people.

To get my fill though, I took my 3 year old to the park and we siphened all the blue gill (bait) out of the pond one by one. She (pictured above) is a fishing animal. She kept saying "I'm hungry! I want to eat these fish!" It starts early in my family.

When you do it again, give me a PM and I will be there.

CP

14. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It was nice meeting you all and fishing or I mean drowning some shad Sat night. Im going back to using basic worms, hotdogs and Jimmy Dean sausage with dipbait. I have a new bananna doe ball that I think will work to get me over the curse. Perhaps Kutter and I can try it out once i figure out how to get his scanner to go find fish.

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Oh My! Vince used the "bananna word". Kutter can fill you in. :big_smile:

16. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well.. Atleast you should really thank River rat for just about getting me over the running out of gas phobia I now have! LOL

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    LMAO. Now Now. You will remember that fishing trip as long as you live. See, I knew that MinnKota was up to the task, thats why I pushed my luck. :roll_eyes:

18. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    To all our BOC Friends and Family.. Do you see how much fun you can really have with the Sport of Catfishing! It is all about meeting up with new and old friends and having a good time either on or off the water. Cuz is right, I will remember this as long as I live. This is what is so incredible about BOC and our site here. It gives us the opportunity to meet others and share information concerning Catfishing no matter what level of an angler we are at. It doesn’t matter if we are World Cup Championship level or just a parent taking our kids out for an afternoon. This Sport is for all of us to enjoy. Something positive will come out of it all in a world with many negative problems. If anything, just the memories will last a lifetime as that is what keeps us all going back….

19. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Isn't that the same stuff you take with you EVERY time you go fishing?
    Hmmmmm?
    I thought everyone knew that.
    Did you forget to tell Cuz about it?
    :eek:oooh:

20. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Shhhhh.. You always carry 3 back ups in your bag.. that, oysters and some vienna sausage.. :roll_eyes: