June fishing trip

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jayjay, Apr 30, 2006.

1. jayjay

jayjay New Member

plan to go on fishing trip to santee lakes in june(18 to 24) any info on where to fish would be helpful need all the help i can get. probably stay at harry's. what would be best bait to use. I have been there a few time. never got far from harry's would love to know the lakes alittle better. hope this trip goes better than the last time iwas down never got bite. any help on where when and how would be useful thanks.

2. katdaddy

katdaddy New Member

State:
    anderson sc
    Jay we usually go down the week of the fourth of july.The area right in front of harrys is very productive down towards the mouth of the diversion canal.Drifting the canal during the day can be good also.At night i anchor in the canal close to one of the breaks up towards the mouth.As for bait we use cut shad.I hope you have a good trip and post your results.

3. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    Jay, stinkbait is normally a good producer in the canal during June. I recommend Danny Kings. Also, with your fishfinder, anchor up on the humps in front of Harry's using cut bait. Move every 30-45 to another hump if no takers. At night, rig up some live bream for flatheads at the entrance to the canal. Good Luck!

4. jayjay

jayjay New Member

thanksyou guys ill try mast anything once. ::smile2: tight lines and best of luck. hay may be i need a lucky rabbit foot and a lucky hook.