June 7th-15th river drift

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Nov 15, 2007.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Still planning on fishing the mo river next spring ,leaving ,st joe on the 7th and fishing all the way to lexington ,anyone else interested let me know maybe we can get several boats

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Hows the boat coming Robert. That river trip sounds like some fun. Will see as we get closer.

3. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Robert,
    How far is it by water, or how many days fishing? I doin't know anything about the Missouri in that area.
    Thanks for the Post .
    Olddriller

4. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well i meant levenworth to lexington i dont know how i got st joe in my head,it is 80 miles from levenworth to lexington ,so i would need to fish 10 miles of river a day ,i know i want to spend one night around downtown kansas city to take some pics of the skyline from the water,I will be taking alot of pics to post on the b.o.c of the trip.

5. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    If anyone else wants to do it ,remember to get someone to drop you and your boat off in levenworth and pick you up in lexington the next weekend ,i am fixing up a tiller system so i can drift down the middle of the river so i can save gas

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    If anyone has any good spots between leavenworth and lexington ,and dont mind sharing ,i can see if i can pull something out of them,would like some good fish to put on the b.o.c.,not much worried about places close to lexington ,i know it ,but havent fished between leavenworth and 291 bridge before any help will be appriciated thanks

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Robert you may need to tow along a raft for a weeks supply of beer, err. food...:0a17:

8. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I dont think i will take beer,or will i

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
  10. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    yea ,but thanks for helping ,should be a great trip

11. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    WOW.... sounds like a blast.... I have resently thought of doing part of the MO, and may do that some time.... I'm still working.... semi retired and don't get off from teaching til the end of June.... YUCK

cant wait to see the results....

PS.... I down loaded six pages of "navigational charts" last year... and just happened to have it on my desk......So I know the area that you are talking about...... "I mean I can see where you are going....."

bayrunner ray

12. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Anyone that fishes up that way ,Is there alot of sandbars up that way? ,nothing like setting up camp on a sandbar .

13. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Saw jamison on catfish america last night ,they where at waverly,Glad to see i am not to far off on the way i fish sandbars ,just the rig is different.You guys up between levenworth and 291 bridge ,Is there alot of sand up that way?

14. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well i have been still planning on the river trip ,been memorizing the river charts ,planning the cargo list,if anyone else wants to bring there boat and join me just let me know

15. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's sounds like a blast. If I can come up with a boat I'd like to join in on the fun. Good luck.

16. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    everyones welcome ,just will have my boat full ,wont beable to haul anyone else ,hopefully i can get a camcorder to remember the trip.

17. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    What does a typical tiller system consist of? Have any pictures of what you're doing?

18. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    The one that i am working on is mainly a wide long paddle you can hook on your motor and steer the boat without the motor on ,you can find some pics on the web