June 2010

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by ERIC S, Apr 15, 2009.

1. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
    I am coming to Ashland to visit the inlaws the first part of June. I have booked a muskie trip with Justin out of Crashes landing on Caves run while I am here. I used to fish the Ohio river with my father in law back in the early 90's but really don't rember where he took me. He has pasted away since then and I would like to do some fishing while my wife visits( the rest of her faimly does not fish). Is there any places where I can fish from the shore in or close to Ashland?

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thats a long ways off.:smile2: Just remind us and we'll meet up with you and try to put you on some fish. I'm just a few miles from Ashland. There are a few of us in this area that fish all we can. June usually isn't the best month to catfish because of the spawn but we'll sure give it a try!
    I know of a lot of bank spots around this area, maybe one of the Brothers around here will take you out on their boat. I'm stuck to bank fishing and going with buddies that have boats.:cool2:

3. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
    I know its along way off but I thought I would start looking ahead. I am looking forward to my trip on caves run and was just looking for something to do while I was in Ashland. Love spending time with mother in law but don't like running all over visiting others when I could be fishing. I have lost contact with most of my friends from Buffalo High School in W.V.. So I was hoping to find a couple of fish buddies that I could talk with and fish with in Ashland.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Cave Run is a great Lake. I'm hoping to fish it sometime this year. Supposed to be some really nice cats & muskie in it.
    About the only thing to do around here is fish...:smile2: We'll definitely meet up and do some fishing. By then we should have some new spots to fish. This is my first year fishing out of a boat much so I'm sure new bank/boat spots will be found soon. If the river is in bad shape we could always hit Grayson, Yatesville or Dewey for cats.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
  6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Eric did you mean 2010 or are you coming to the Ashland area this June??? I'm sure we will be fishing either time:wink: just want to make sure I'm not confused on the year..:confused2::confused2: There are 2 or 3 or more of us that have boats and we havn't left John shore bound yet.:wink::smile2: I'm sure we'll hook up.:wink::smile2:

7. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
    My mistake 2009. Been working on a plan for work that is to be started in 2010. So I guess i have that on my mind.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

That makes more sense...:smile2: Thats not too far off then.
    True Ken, you all haven't left me behind...Yet...:roll_eyes::smile2:
    Yep, we'll definitely meet up and do some fishing.:cool2:

9. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I'm pretty easy confused sometimes. I'm sure we will be fishing some where in the Ashland area. Once we get some exact dates then we can let ya know what the plan is.