June 2 on GMR flats

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by dogcat, Jun 6, 2009.

1. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    SilverMark took the boat across as a hail storm with quarter sized hail hit him about 1/2 before I got off work, I called him as I approached and he didn't say a word except about the hail. I am trying to get my first line in the water and he says check this out...no wait lemme get this gill out there and he said no and pulls this 25 pound flattie you see pictured first out of the water on a stringer which we prompltly released unharmed. Caught on a live/dead sucker minnow combo on medium rod with 8 lb test! His other big pole loads up a while later and he caught a nice 10 flattie, a few minutes later "fish on" and you can see the 16 pound flattie below he caught. He got several small channels and I managed to wrangle a dink 10 inch channel on an old dead bluegill head and that was it for me. Then the second storm came, no bites gave up about 2 but still had a blast. I will get my first flat soon though "Mark" my words :)
    This was between W/C and Middletown to be very specific :)
    Thanks Mark

Attached Files:

2. Deerslayer29

Deerslayer29 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Awesome!!!! Glad to see someone catch a flat out of the gmr. I havent done good at all in the last 4 trips. just dinks like 4-7# I LOVE THE GMR THOUGH!!!!!!!

3. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Thanks I have been out several times channel catting and did well up North near Troy and have hit my holes 3 or 4 times with appropriate bait but nothing down south til this past week. Good luck and the 25 pound male was oozing semen so they are about to nest.....

4. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    good deal man seems as though everybody is spankin my tail im not likin it either but oh well