June 14/15

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Kutter, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    When I went out last monday, I found a few minor repairs to do to the boat, so that's how I am spending this day. Nothing big, ignition switch is loose & need to run new aerator hose. However, I am wanting to go out later today, from Flam City more than likely. Let me know if any of you are interested. I can almost guarantee we catch bait. Fish are an whole other story.

Now, last week I went out, it was nice an overcast with a slight breeze, couldn't be better. As soon as I set up, the clouds & wind left and the sunburn set in. Nasty fishing weather. Today, I'm counting on a few storms to chase the sun away.:eek:oooh: One of the few good reasons about having a small gas tank, I never get too far away from the ramp. LOL Actually, I can go about 30 miles away & back, but I won't try it. Anyway, don't let a few minor storms passing through scare ya away.:embarassed: Remember, counting CuzIcan, there are now 3 folks who have fished with me and not gotten soaked in the rain. I still think "The Pro" is the only one brave enough to have gone out in my boat more than once. :crazy: Grump, I know we fished alongside more than once, but you only got in my boat the one time I believe.
    Come on! Aint any of you got the nerve to trust The Kutters Katter?:wink:

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Got the hose & valve installed.

Found the ignition to be broken & unrepairable. The threaded part that holds it to the dash broke off. Need to find a new one, but doubt I could today. Doesn't matter, it still works, just had to remove it from the dash & will have to hold it to turn on & off.

Tic tic tic, anybody? Nobody? Cowards, every one of ya.:wink:

4. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    PM at ya Kutter. I was just awarded a kitchen pass for the evening.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Gettin the boat rigged up. See ya in about 1/2 hour.

6. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I launched down at Flamm City yesterday about 5:00 p.m. It was so packed, I had to make a spot to park :angry: Ummm, and thank god for trolling motors, and going up stream, seems I had a fuel line cracked, right where it goes into the motor cover, it was a short trip out :embarassed:

7. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    It was good to see the ole Rainmaker & DWB at Flam city-we were takin out as he was takin off

8. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I talked to dan as he was heading to meet kutter. I know them two are going to catch some monsters. I wanted to go out tonight but "True blood" starts it's season premire tonight. I have the boat all hooked up and ready to go. I will be heading out about 4 in the morning.

9. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Well the Team Okie struck out 3 up and 3 down...but I ain't giving up. I know that there is a big ole blue some where with my name on it.

We looked at a bunch of holes but never really marked any fish.

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    3 am an we just got back home.
    First things first, it did not rain, much less storm!!!!!
    Nice meeting Dan, he's a great fishing partner & hopefully I didn't scare him off for another night on the river.
    Can't ever, ever go out without at least some sort of an adventure & this is no exception. Battery for the lights & tilt/trim went dead an hour after dark. Nice calm ride back to the dock in total darkness, though. Luckily the motor runs off the other battery. Only real problem was changing the wires over at the ramp so I could raise the motor.
    Did I mention, no rain?
    While no monsters were caught, Dan can now be removed off the Skunk List 2009 with a 29 pounder. I got one that would have gotten me off, if it swallowed the bait it was caught with. Try as I might, it didn't. Total weight brought into the boat was 83 pounds, so you can see the bite was quite good, if only dinks. Not sure exact weights, but it goes something like this: 29, 17, 11, 10, 9 & several under 5. Both of us had fish on that were well above Dan's 29 lb'er. Alas, they did not want to get into the boat.
    We'll post pic's of Dan's fish to make it official, later today when I wake up. LOL
    All in all, a very nice night with the added bonus of fish biting. Did I tell you all yet that it didn't rain?:wink:

11. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Glad you guys caught some fish. I knew you would. Dan is a big ole boy, ain't he?

12. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Ya know Tom, I'm always willing to go fishing with you again. Unfortunately I'm usually working when your off.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nice work guys! Good to see some folks still catching fish with the bad water levels and full fledged spawn sneaking up on us.

And IT DIDNT RAIN? Wow. :eek:oooh:

Disclaimer: Cuz is off to buy powerball ticket.

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I think we may have some real cool weather, in about 2 or 3 weeks, cold actually.

15. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That sounds like a real good trip. Is there no problem parking at Flam city overnight? Did you guys catch up stream or down stream of Flam city? What were they biting on?

16. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    WHY DO i ALWAYS FIND THESE POSTS TOO LATE?I picked up a shift at work,yesterday.If I'd seen the thread first,I would have declined work to head out.I'm still mad I missed going out with a fellow member last year.Hopefully,I'll get out Wed.Tom,if you go on anothr afternoon or evening trip,post it or call me.I' m generally home by 4 at the latest.

17. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good times for sure! It was good meeting two more of Gateway's "distinguished" members, not to mention getting off the skunk list.

Twas a great night on the river. Kutter led us to a couple bait holes on Kutters Katter and we netted some shad, asians, about a 100 gar and a BIG carp. After that it was off for the cats. We anchored out and within a short few moments Kutter had the first blue on board. That was probably at about 6pm or so. The bite kept up (on and off) till we left at about 2am.

The weather was great, the bullchitting was a blast, the skitos left us alone for the most part (thank you thermocell), and we even had fresh brewed coffee after dark and throughout the night. Our return ride home in the dark was no problem at all. Kinda neat actually as the water was like a mirror.

Most (if not all) of the fish we caught on asians. Water depths for fish ranged from about 6 feet to 30 I would say. Both of us had a couple REALLY nice rips that I sure wish we would have gotten a look at...perhaps next time?

Attached in the obligatory GET ME OFF THE SKUNK LIST Pic.

Attached Files:

18. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Kids setting off fireworks at the ramp helped guide us in.
    Hmm, the Mississippi is downstream, so yes, downstream.
    Some on small shad, most on cut asians.

19. Blake Waterworth

Blake Waterworth New Member

State:
    Missouri
    When you guys are catching them on cut asians are you talking about the big head or silver carp?:confused2:

20. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    BOTH!