June 12th Lake Wateree/Credar Creek

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishrus, Jun 13, 2007.

1. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    great catch! congrates on the pb too. i hope you get another one in 53 more days....lol.

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Can't wait to see the pic. Your my hero for 50+ days of fishing. Congrats on the PB.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Flopeye Team, fifty three days of fishing and counting, that can bring in a lot of fish. It appears that you'll must be feeding an army, since you have indicated that you'll are keeping all those cats. Also, it appears that you'll keep the 52 pound blue (you said that you had to fold it's tail in to get it in your 148 quart cooler). My question to you and others is, why keep and filet such a nice trophy, when you already have plenty of filets from the past fifty three days of harvesting. I don't mean to be disrespectful, every man/woman is entitled to keep what they catch, but it appears to me that your team has had quite a harvest for the past fifty plus days and should not be lacking for fish filets, etc. If I have misread your post over the last month about your catches, I stand corrected and would have to with draw my comments. Mac

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    That is an awesome fish!! :lol: Sounds like all the days on the water is paying off well. Congrats on a nice fish.

Mac, I think Flopeye is putting the big ones back. I asked him about that last month and he said he was releasing the trophy fish. I bet he had it in the cooler until he could get some pics of it. :smile2: I would bet that anyone that is as good a fisherman as he is does not need or want to keep the big fish to prove how good an angler he is, because a picture works much better!! :wink:

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...think it is good karma to save and keep all life going..."

Some people laugh at me, but I am the same way!! Even in tournaments where you bring in dead fish I like to keep them alive. Maybe the "catfish gods" will look out for me in the future!! :big_smile:

Of course some of them need to be taken out, but I think the research at this point has shown that the smaller ones are the ones to be harvested. I take what my family and I can eat, but I do not feed the neighbors and others with them.