Jumpin' Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by nathan8372, Nov 12, 2006.

1. nathan8372

nathan8372 New Member

State:
    South Texas
    Hey guys I have a problem. A few weeks ago a bass jumped in my boat!

I went fishing in my jon boat at around noon and I was tied near the bank. I was fishing for catfish on the bottom. I must have sat there for 2 hours without getting a hit. I went back to start my outboard and just as I pulled the first time a Largemouth jumped out of the water and landed right in the middle of my boat!

I guess if you think about it, he was probably settled under the boat, it being there for 2 hours or so. When I went back to pull the motor, he spooked and jumped! I have talked with other family members about this and they have seen it before as well.

It measured about 18 inches, did not get a weight, released it.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on the Bass. Some people have all the luck. Good Fishing.:smile2:

3. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I was throwing my cast net last summer. It was dead of the day and 100 degrees out. The bass were chasing shad in about 8 inches of water. I trolled over there and was throwing for the shad when i head a thump in the back of the boat. I turned around and there was aabout a 4 pound bass flopping everywhere that had jumped in. kinda crazy. at least u caught something :cool2:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    that pretty neat ive never heard of it except with those bighead carp thanks for the post

5. nathan8372

nathan8372 New Member

State:
    South Texas
    yeah it was neat, it was a story you dont tell because you are afraid no one will believe you, but what the hey it was exciting.

I didnt even need any fishing gear, just a boat! LOL If it was that easy, those sporting good stores would have to shut down. Mabye I can just line the river with boats and see what happens, let em sit over night.

~Nathan

6. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I always tell all my bass fishing buddies now that it isn't that hard, any idiot could do it. they just jump in the boat. they don't find it as funny as i do :lol:

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah and some dont believe i caught a channel cat on a soft taco either :lol:

8. nathan8372

nathan8372 New Member

State:
    South Texas
    soft taco.......LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!

You guys are so funny, what kind of soft taco....haahaaa!!!!

9. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana

Same deal happened to 2 of my friends. I also witnessed it from another boat. One was up at the front throwing the cast net along shore while my other friend was working the trolling motor. One cast something spooked and my friend Joel, working the trolling motor, was hit square in the chest with a 1.5 pound bass. It was the funniest thing ever, especially when he screamed! haha! We actually ended up keeping it and eating it, too! :lol:

The fishing was pretty bad when we were at the pond, so the cast-netting made for a good harvest of bream and a few bass.:smile2:

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Nathan please dont take this personal but the LORD was trying to send you a message.:eek:oooh: After watching you pathetic efforts to catch a catfish for 2 hrs without any luck he simply said "HERE MY SON,IS A FISH FOR FREE, SINCE IT DOESN"T LOOK LIKE YOU ARE EVER GOING TO CATCH ONE YOURSELF.:big_smile: :lol: Yes the LORD does LOL!!!Actually he was probably a little rusty with his miracle work and was trying to do the "Loaves and Fishes" thing again.You didn't find a loaf of Wonder Bread back there did you.Miracles aren't easy you know and you have to practice occasionally.I think you were just in the way at the right moment.Good thing he wasn't in a foul mood and doing the SODDOM AND GOMMOROH trick.A pillar of SALT would make an interesting avatar though.:wink: :big_smile: :lol: :eek:oooh: :smile2:

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I never had one jump in a boat but saw one Catch a 18 or 20 inch snake knocked him clean out of the water:lol: