July Issue of NC Game & Fish worth getting

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Cattledogz, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    If you are not a subscriber to NC Game and Fish and you fish the Yadkin Lakes Chain its worth buying the July issue.
    This issue has a good article on Big Cats in the Yadkin chain. Also has an article on 10 tips for catching hot summer cats. That info is pretty much the same as you can find on here. But I really enjoyed the YLC article.

2. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Im actually sitting here reading it while I was waiting for the BOC page to load. Im not a subscriber but often buy it when I see it out.

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Do they have it on a web site so we all can read it?

4. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
  5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I just read the whole article on-line its pretty good and could help out a lot of people myself included. where it ask for state, something are spieces click spieces and scroll down to catfish.

6. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Im on a very slow dial up connection and the page wouldn't load all the way for me. But I will go back and try later. I had an uncle and a cousin get their pics in there a few years ago. Uncle with a trout, cousin with a catfish, she was maybe 10 at the time.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I get it every month, best fishing magazine ever in my opinion. Something that got me mad though was the article they did on Gaston in the June edition. Gave away every little secret about the lake, after some people actually work super hard to figure things out they go and give all of it away, now there's not going to be room to catch bait anymore at the bait holes. What really made me mad was the fact that they did the article because they want people to catch the Blue's and keep them so they don't eat the precious Bass.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Jeez, I just got back from a trip to NC to get this magazine. It has nothing about my Ohio Cats in it. :roll_eyes:

9. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Randy, sometimes it helps to turn off images in your browser. If you haven't tried it, go to 'options' and you can turn them off. That will help pages load faster. Also, if a page stops loading, clicking on the 'refresh' button will often help.
    I subscribe to the South Carolina edition & usually pick up the NC edition at walmart. Both of them have some really good articles, and many of them can be viewed online.