july fishin bite is off

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by medford, Jul 22, 2009.

1. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    it seems that july must be a bad time for fishing the bite is off for everyone what do you think?:sad2:

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Sure sucks for me so far!!!!:sad2:

3. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Took a cousin that I havent seen in a while after work ,and caught 1
    10 lber and a some smaller.They werent hittin very good.He brought shad guts and caught some channels,fresh cut shad and live didnt catch many.Live perch seemed to get the most bites tonite.

This cool weather has em a liitle finicky!!!!!!!!!

Its only goin to get better!

I get some bad trips too!! Dont like em but thats fishin!!:wink:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Damn i hope t gets better.:angry: Me an Medford along with our ruptured guide Roberto, zeroed at Montrose. All was not lost, we trashed Steves camper out, eat some great steaks and seen a budlite can on the side of the road.:smile2::smile2::smile2: Last week i went with my buddie Brandon, the missouri river prince, sucked then too. Either the bite sucks or i'm ginxin these world reknown cat guys.:confused2: One things for certain, fish or no fish, it's always a hellova good time and i'm thankful to have been ask to be a part of it.:wink:

5. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    earl you have a green thumb when it comes to catchin fish:wink: your the man! you always know when and where and how you lucky guy you:big_smile: you are the geru of catchin those fish

6. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    i saw a guy pull a 40# blue on monday. i only caught 4 good skillet size. it sucks to spend 80 bucks to go out in the boat and only catch 4 fish. hell, i could have went out to eat for 20. but even if i dont catch 1 , its worth every pennie

7. Billy_Mojo

Billy_Mojo New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm havin' maybe more fun just sittin on the bank with a spread of zebco 33's on 6' rods feedin' livers to the babies and keepin' them dinks around 16" or so then fryin up the fillets fresh. My granddaughter said they was WAY better than them square fish outta the box. It makes me smile and remember when I was a little boy fishin with my Granddad. pound of livers = $1.50 six pack of Natty Light magnums = $4.50 little girl hungry for grampaw's fresh catfish = priceless.

8. bigdj

bigdj New Member

State:
    Missouri
    ive been goin out about three times a week all this month and to tell u the truth besides some real little ones i havent had much success but consistency always pays off and im waiting to land a trophy hopefully it will be sooner than later:big_smile:

9. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Just got in and we only landed a 3lb channel!!!!!!!!!!!

PUT IN ABOUT 4 HOURS OF FISHIN!!!

Hard for me to stay when its like that,fished with live and cut shad anchored and drifted 1 big flat with only 1 bite!!

some buddys were out tonite to and last I TALKED TO THEM they only had 2,not very big.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  10. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    well since the fish are not biteing i went out and did a little froggin, cant wait to eat these babies.:wink: We got our limit in about 10 min then a storm hit, but there were frogs everywhere!

Attached Files:

11. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    good goin earl :wink:

12. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Went today and did okay no bigguns but we caught a limit of whites and threw back a bunch of lil ones.Used shad went from 1 30 to 4 30 , was still slow but enough to keep it interesting.3 biggest were 6 or 7 lbs.We cleaned em in my buddys air conditioned fish cleaning room,that was a bonus today it got hot.

Attached Files:

13. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Way to go Earl on the flat. Nice catch too matt. Im gonna go tuesday if any yall wanna team up. Give me a shout:wink:

14. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Earl i gotta get my truck worked on tuesday:angry: If i get it fixed I plan on goin tuesday night. :cool2:

15. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Way to catch the crappie Earl,I love crappie fishin when its like that.Shade and fast action,nothin better!!!Good eatin too!!

16. benwebber

benwebber New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    good work earl n matt... at least somebody is still hittin the water... i havent been out for two weeks and it seems like its been 6 months of winter....

17. catman42

catman42 New Member

State:
    missouri
    ive been out every fri and sat night all night and ive caught good numbers off eaters and some 5#s but nothing else but a 30 pound carp and a 25 pound spoonbill on worm but still the bite has been slow and takes alot to find them .both sides have been the same for me. im still waiting for big boys but can say for sure the the size and numbers on truman or comming up caught 10 sat a 6 pounder a fer 2's and smaller all channels on shad and worms.

18. catman42

catman42 New Member

State:
    missouri
    wally is that you

19. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Earl you better stop going fishing by yourself with all of those BIGFOOT sightings down there. Your peacful outings could turn into a horror movie. I bet he just follows you and Scotty around because he can smell your pickled eggs and jerky.:smile2: If you two chacters keep messing around with him enough, someone will get hurt!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpTXjxU3WLQ

20. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :smile2: omg you guys are 2 funny lmao good ones !!!!!:smile2::smile2: