July 7, Coralville

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Burwell40, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Went rrolling in the upper Coralville Res Friday night. Had a couple of 10 year olds doing all the fish catching. They caught 7 nice ones averaging 4 lbs (3-6 lbs for all of them). One of the boys had to go home and the other kid and I caught five more from 9 to midnight or so.

Interesting note...I was getting a few more shad at dusk and I went up under the 965 bridge. The shad were schooled up under the bridge and lit up my graph like I hadn't seen since March. We decided to troll up under that bridge and had a double headher catching two nice ones. Those two fish caused a heck of a snarl up of all 4 lines. Had to drop the anchor and get out the knife to fix that mess. After that, we fished with just 2 poles cause I couldn't stand the aggravation. We went under the bridge again and caught 2 more. We trolled all the way up past the 380 bridges out past the old trestle. Caught one more nice one and called it a night. My fishing partner fell asleep in the bottom of the boat as we putted back to the ramp.

Mike.

2. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Thaznks Mike. I've been throwing out big baits for a couple of weeks and haven't got a lot to talk about except the stars and bugs. I'm glad someone has some luck.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thanks for the Report Mike maybe they will start turning on here in the western part of the also its been really solw the last fue weeks. J.D.Straka:big_smile:

4. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I've actually done pretty well over the past several weeks. For daytime fishing in the Coralville Res., I was only able to catch them in 8' or deeper. Lately, I've had good luck in shallower waters in the evenings so they must be settling into a more normal post-spawn pattern of moving out to the shallows to feed. Bear in mind that I'm trolling for them so your mileage may vary.

5. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    Hi Mike hey bud checkout the genaral tourny talk we did pretty good on the miss

6. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Wow. I read the post. You guys did great with that win. Congratulations.

7. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    yea clayton and I had a really good time he was alot more wore out then me me and the fish and his rods kept him moving alot lol he is a good guy wish I could show him how much the we spent fishing means to me

8. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well, you could buy him a new boat. I reckon that'd show him.

9. sltrnsam

sltrnsam New Member

State:
    Iowa
    iam all for that, a 20' footer with a 96 inch beam, 150 hp motor, that should do it. just showing me a few good spots to fish on the old missip is good of enough.

10. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I really think you'd like the 24' Crestliner.

11. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    I will send ya both a picture lol

12. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Cool man, I hope that I can start to get into them more, with working on the house it really takes a bite out of fishing time.

Aaron

TA2D