July 4th breakfast/dinner @ canal lakes?????

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by nick81, Jun 3, 2009.

1. nick81

nick81 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Who all's interested in another meet and greet at canal lakes. we'll be down there for a few days. I enjoyed meeting the group last time. Ya'll are a great bunch of folks. Maybe the fishing will be better.

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I would love to be there Nick but I am currently in the hospital.Strained my back and dislocated both wrists reeling in fish the last time.:smile2::wink::eek:oooh::big_smile:Hope the fishing dont get to much better!!!!LOL Which day?I'll be there bright and early Friday Morning to have breakfast and a Sam Adams with Fishin Chick!!! That will be different because I usually have grits but I'm willing to experiment!!:tounge_out::smile2:Some folks might not be off Friday like us federal employees so Sat might be a better choice .I'll be there at Canal in any case for the weekend.Hope I dont have to wait for my frys while the waitress runs off to land a 40lber!!!:big_smile::eek:oooh:

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I haven't looked that far ahead yet, but would likely be able to make it, too.

4. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nick,

Since you will be pulling my "toon" down there, I guess I will be atending.
    Ya need to get a vote, breakfast or a dinner cookout. Maybe BUBA BURGERS, since I missed them last time.:smile2:

Jim - Beer goes better with burgers than with grits!! :wink: Then again, I never tried it with grits....hmmmmm Do you use that in place of the water that you mix in?

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I'm not sure ,this is Fishin Chicks Idea since she will be working there.:smile2: I figure we will be lucky to get anything with her running out to tend her bank lines!!:big_smile::smile2:Are you going to stay at Canal Lakes?If you want to cook out let me know what I can bring to help.:big_smile:

6. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I vote for the breakfast (or lunch) in order to give them our business, and of course, since Elaine would be there, she wouldn't even charge a tip. :wink: Then everyone could fish like they want. A late day cook-out would be nice, too; if someone couldn't make the early meal, maybe they could get in on a later one.

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Good plan Tommy eat and fish all day.:smile2: I noticed the water level is 76.01 this AM which means the lakes are plumb slap full.Might even be spilling over the Marion dam.You guys get that much rain?It was 75.40 over Mem Day so they must be pulling water like crazy through the canal.That will make for some good fishing.I might have to ease on down there next week or two to take advantage of all that water.:big_smile:

8. nick81

nick81 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yeah.... breakfast may be a better choice so we can fish all day afterwards.

9. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Yeah, Jim, we have gotten a lot lately; getting more as I type. There has been a lot coming from upstate, probably will get more after these storms, and the generating stations at Pinopolis and St. Stephen having been pulling from the lakes pretty heavily, too.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/sc/nwis/u...on&format=gif_stats&period=7&site_no=02171645

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/sc/nwis/uv/?site_no=02172002&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060,00062

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Glad to hear that because it wasnt long ago we were looking at a whole lot of exposed lake bottom.I would think that this high water would generate tremendous year group spawns for all the fish.Canal should be hot as a firecracker while they are pulling.:big_smile:Made my reservations for the 4th today at Canal lakes.I will arrive the morning of the 3rd.

11. Fishin Chick69

Fishin Chick69 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Even a trained pro like me has never chased beer with grits, you might want to go slow with that.. :smile2::smile2: and trust me.. you WILL wait...:smile2:

12. Fishin Chick69

Fishin Chick69 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    that's ok Jim said he was picking up the tab for everyone that shows up...:wink:

13. nick81

nick81 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    In that case......I'll take one of everything:big_smile:

14. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I am picking up the tab, I didnt say I would pay it though!!!!!:smile2::big_smile:I figure by the time I tip the waitress enough just to get my breakfast I wont have enough cash to buy bait!!! :smile2::wink::eek:oooh:How about this I'll buy breakfast for the first BOC member I meet in the restuarant,which ever day we decide.:big_smile:BUUUUT they have to have an Avatar.:roll_eyes::sad2::tounge_out:

15. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Guess, you will be buying fishn chicks breakfast then :smile2:

16. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    HEll NO !!!! She will be working there.Why do you think I said I'll have to bribe the waitress to get served????:smile2::wink::eek:oooh:I will give her a nice tip though!!:roll_eyes:Something like "Dip your baits in menhaden oil for better results""HHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:crazy:We better get in our licks now on her and the Slammer because they are traveling and cant defend themselves!!! :wink:

17. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Jim just remember she will have control of your food before u do , DON,T =ISS OFF THE WAITRESS it can come back up on you:wink::smile2:

18. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    The Slammer is traveling days behind due to a contract I must fulfill.You guys are on your own.

19. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Jeepers Richie you sent Fishin Chick this way without warning us and even worse no adult male supervision??????:eek:oooh:Hopefully she cant see any of this being offline.She will probably have 50LBers stacked up on the cleaning table by the time we get there.:big_smile::smile2:

20. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    I think Ray will keep her too busy to fish for a while. This rain here is keeping me behind, I cant get anything done outside.She arrived this afternoon and starts work at 6AM Sat.I thought you were aware of the situation or I would have warned you.