July 2 Tennessee River trip

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Zing, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My son and a couple of friends went below the dam at pickwick lake. We were fishing in 20-25 ft of water the water temp was 82.5f , the time was between 7-10pm. I landed one blue that weighed in at 27lbs and we had some really good hits but only one was landed and releashed. I'm looking towards the middle of the month for the fishing to pick up. It was a good time had by all.

Attached Files:

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Nice blue, glad y'all had a good time. Did they have any generators running over there then? TVA gets crazy with the generation schedules for some of the dams sometimes.

3. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Richard, you are right, the fishing will get better by mid month. Fish are still spawning or just coming off and they usually pick up hot and heavy around this time.

Nice fish, were you using skipjack?

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    The ONE fish is quite the fish. Thanks for sharing and good luck in the future

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats man on a nice Bluecatfish.

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Richard it should be getting better even later on. Shoot August and Sept can be some of the best fishing.
    Pete

7. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pete good to hear from you, I know it was aug into early sept when we did so well last year, ready for those days to come back. Have you been out any?

8. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    David they had 4 gens running tell 8:00pm then shut down 2 of them. If they turn them all off you might as well pack it up

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Richard on the nice Bluecat! :big_smile: Nice pic! :cool2:

10. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for the report Richard. That's a nice looking Blue.

11. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Good report on the TN River. The river has always been good to me in July and August for numbers and size. Stay after them it will only get better in the coming weeks. Those blues will be hungry after their spring baby making.:big_smile: