July 10th, Lock B-jugging report

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by TNVOLCAT, Jul 11, 2006.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My Dad and my Uncle jugged downstream from the "old lock" yesterday and wound up with 11 fish in the 1-10 lb. range. They went downriver to where the first little creek comes out before they put the jugs out. Dad said there still wasn't much current, but a little more than when He and I went on the 3rd. They drifted down to King and Queen's bluff and called it a day. They already had a good mess of fish with 9 in the boat, and then pulled in a 8lb. and 10lb., but decided to release them since they had a good mess. I think he said they used 15 jugs. It was cloudy all day and the temp was in the low 80's.

2. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    did they catch any flatheads and how deep were there jugs running. im glad they had some good luck. thank john

3. Tennfisher

Tennfisher New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Your'e bringing back memories there TNVOLCAT. I was reared in Montgomery County, and remember King and Queen bluff well. Enjoyed your report.

Tennfisher

4. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    John, all the fish were channels and blues, and Dad has the jugs set at 15 feet deep. Also, the reason they motored downriver a little ways, was because we were getting some hang-ups from the ramp down until you pass that first little creek that comes in. So they didn't start dropping jugs until they got past that creek.

5. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Thanks for the good info and hope to meet you out there tomorrow night! Looking forward to fishing. Any suggestions on where to get bait?

Daryl