Jugs

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by trapperray, May 23, 2008.

1. trapperray

trapperray New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Does anyone know for sure weather you can uses jugs in Iowa, I've heard yes and no, I suppose calling the DNR is an option, seem to get conflicting info from our local DNR personnal, thanks Ray.:confused2:

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Be careful about getting information over the phone. Confusion about the regs at the local level probably extends all the way to the top, and if someone gives you the wrong information over the phone, they'll NEVER admit it if you get a ticket. Send an e-mail requesting clarificatioin, and when you get an answer, print it off and keep a copy on file at home, and a copy with you when you're fishing. Don't be surprised if you have trouble getting a straight answer back on your email; most of those folks really hate to give an answer that can come back and bite them if they're wrong. I had to send 3 emails and threaten to send a copy of the next one to the governer before I got a straight answer from the Arkansas Fish & Game.

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    RAYMOND, :0a34:

I JUST LOOK IT UP ON YOUR DNR AND THEY ARE LEGAL THEY HAVE TO BE MANNED AND YOU HAVE TO BE WITHIN 300 FT OF THEM AND THEY HAVE TO BE TAGGED W/ NAME,ADDRESS,AND PHONE #

:0a26:

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
  5. Whiskeyriver

Whiskeyriver New Member

State:
    WA
    Raymond, I have read and re-read the regulation pamplet, I never did find regulations regarding the use of jugs in Iowa. If anyone has this info maybe they could post a link.

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    GO TO IWOA DNR THEN CLICK FISHING REG'S AND TYPE JUG LINES IN THE SERCH FIELD AND IT WILL GIVE THE INFO TO YOU

7. sadam

sadam New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am employed at Lake Darling State Park in South East Iowa and we have ran into problems with jug fishing here in the past. I'll attach some links to some comical posts on Iowa Outdoors about the problems. But after the mess was all sorted it was decided that it is LEGAL to jug fish in Iowa waters as long as you have two jugs per person with no more than two hooks per jug. Also you must always keep the jugs within sight and you have to tag them much like a bank pole with name and address. I have been jug fishing since I was a kid and love it to death, don't shy away from trying it out. If you want any advice on how to make them let me know. GOOD LUCK!

8. sadam

sadam New Member

State:
    Iowa