Jugs...How Many? Poll

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by jerry9497, Aug 6, 2008.

How many Jugs do you like to fish with?

1. 0-25

2. 26-50

3. 51-75

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    How many Jugs do you feel is a reasonable amount for you to fish with?
    dont think about other people, think how many you can fish with and keep up with. This is not debating if jugging is good or bad. just a question for how many the average jugger likes to fish with.
    0-25
    26-50
    51-75

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jerry, will this be per boat or per person?

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I think he is talking per boat so that how my votes goes.

4. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    Yea per boat, as a normal fishing trip.

5. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I started to post this in alternative fishing but mainly talking about NC. but it prob wouldnt hurt to be broader for the average.

6. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    Oklahoma your allowed 20 with 5 hooks each maximum.

Q

7. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    0. I don't use jugs. It's not that I think that it's good or bad, it's a personal preference.

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Ya, I would have made those choices a little different. A choice of ZERO would have been in order and then 1-25. :wink:

9. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    yea, wasnt going to go there. more wondering whats normal average

10. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    when i threw out jugs 15 to 25 was enough for me to handle and keep baited .

it sure is fun chasing down them jugs :wink:

11. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    yes it sure a blast chaseing them down the river a night when your out there by youeself but we still have some that think they own the rivers and lakes

12. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    when i was in oklahoma iwe used 20 for the boat we where to busy with them to try more

13. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    WOW!! :crazy:

This has turned out to be a great poll!!! :big_smile:

It appears that not many people even want to fish the number of jugs allowed by NC law!!! :tounge_out:

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    In MO we are allowed 33 per person. There are times my wife an son go with me to help with the jugs. Yep, legal for us to use 99 that way. Of course, anyone who jugs knows that aint going to happen. The most I would use with three of us working them would be 35. Even then, that's too many for us to use so we normally use 25. When I fish them alone, I usually use 15-20. I only jug small rivers so I have no idea what would be normal for lakes.

15. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    25 to 50 for me pending current . I only do it a few times a years and have several mouths to feed . 50 is the legal limit per boat in KY

16. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    The main reason R&R guys feel so strongly aganist about jugging and limblining is that the bigcats on our lakes are a limited resource. We are trying to protect what we have. Now is the time to act,not when the resource is gone. Listed below are the regulations I think alot of R&R people would like to see.
    1. Only 12-20 jugs alllowed per boat.
    2. The juggers or limbliners have to stay within site of the jugs or limblines and must be manned at all times.
    3. If fishing at night jugs have to be marked with glowsticks or something other boaters or fisherman can see.

Someone else brought this up and I think it's a great idea. The state should come out with Bigcat Harvest tags. Each person who wants to keep big cats would have to purchase a tag package. In each package theres 5 tags, (one tag package per person ,per year). This is to include R&R people and all the other catfisherman. If caught harvesting bigcats without a tag, heavy fines and confication of all fishing equipment. All funds generated from this would go back into the fisheries dept as for restocking and research. Some of the same restrictions are placed on deer hunting, a limited resource, so why not catfishing. What's the difference. This would put a limit of big fish being took from the lakes and it would slow down the harvest of bigfish being took out for payponds.

17. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    If we don't get rid of the plankton eating asian carp there aren't gonna be any smaller eaters either.

18. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Missouri a few years ago tightened some of the rules regarding Jugging. As I said above, 33 per person. Must have name & address on them. You may anchor the jug with at least enough weight to hold it (2 lb's is considered normal) in which case you must check it no more than 24 hours. You may use jugs unanchored, but in that case you must stay within sight of your jugs so that if one goes down, you would be able to see it. Most Wardens feel if they are next to your jugs and can see you, you are within the law. Since these laws went into effect, I hardly ever see a floating unattended jug. I also notice that now juggers use much better quality jugs instead of the old 2 liter bottles and such. I guess back when the law was less restrictive, jugs were more disposable to the juggers.
    By the way, removing an illegal jug here is very much illegal and will get you a ticket no matter how much you explain that you were removing litter. You don't mess with other folks property, even illegal property, here.:wink:

19. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    and how many should a fishing guide get?
    i think fishing guides should have to fish with one reel per person on his boat, no depth sounders or trolling motors to help them, and they can only use 10 pound test tine and #2 hooks and a bait that is 4 inches by 10 inches, and have no nets or gaffs in his boat and if he catches one 30 long he must tag it and put it back in the lake no matter if his customer wants to keep it,

no how stupid does this sound to you rr guys?
    cobra:wink:

20. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    What wrong Cobra: When we cut the playing field down to size, your cry foul-play. If you were a really good fisherman, you wouldn't complain. You want to catch bigcats, then earn you right to catch them. Not sitting at home eating a bag of tater chips watching TV, while your limblines do all the work.