jugs by bert

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by JERMSQUIRM, Aug 22, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well i just got notified that i am getting the jugs by bert contest package.

i havent jugged in a few years. i cant wait to try these out. ill post a review and some pics in the jugs be bert section and or here.

i want to thank mighty thorr. hes the reason i am recieveing them. :cool2:

they look prety neet and if they work well i may add to them.:wink:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on your win Jeremy.

3. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Congratulations :)

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    congratulations on your win,Now use them and catch some of them skillet fish

5. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    congrats Jeremy

Rubes

6. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    jeremy now you can enter in the n.carolina tourny and win the whole thing :cool2:

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lol. :smile2:

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations Jeremy. Me and my cousin won a case of them in a tournament last summer. I already had a bunch of jugs that I made so I gave them all to my cousin. I haven't seen them in action but he has used them and really likes them.

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is awesome, congrats on the win. Not to be stupid but what does the package consists of?

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    good Q. i havent got it yet.:sad2:

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    got them today.

a set of two jugs. comes with the jugs 1 lb weights in each, and swivels and hooks. i cant wait to try them. ive never fished weighted jugs. if they do well ill add to them to fill a bucket. they would be a perfect addition when fishing for eaters with rods. just toss a few of these out anchor close by and fish with rod and reel.:wink:

thel look like there really thought out and are slim and look like the design will work great. hopfully i can get out soon and test these.

12. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Well if they work out I might have to get some. Glad to hear ya got them

13. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Yeah, those jugs look pretty cool but they will not catch any more fish than ones you can build up yourself, but it's cool you got a couple for free. Those things are pretty expensive here at the Bass-Pro shop, about $12 a piece, which seems like a lot to me, especially when you can get some 6ft noodles at wal-mart for a few dollars, you can make 8 or 9 jugs with two noodles usually with stuff you can find laying around the house, old trotlines will work pretty good for jug main lines especially if they still have the swivels on them and you can pick up railroad spikes from around any railroad track to use for weights, just drill a hole in the spiked end and tie them on to the bottom of the main line. Jugs don't have to look fancy to work, as far as I know the catfish don't seem to mind how they look. Heck, I've seen weed eater line tied to jugs for the main line and it works pretty good. The thing I like about noodles is they take up a lot less space than milk jugs or coke bottles, and you can stow the hooks in the foam. Good luck.
    :smile2:

14. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    It's all about what works best for you. For my type of jugfishing, Bert's jugs just don't provide the long distance visibility I need, but I can certainly see how they would work great for some folks.

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i like the design. they are flat and will stack in a 5 gallon bucket and they to can hook the hook in the foam. and i dont know. they pretty bright.

and without even being on the water yet ive figured out a new idea lol.

if you have seen the vids they show how they flip from yellow to red when there hit hard or a fish is on. placing a glow stick in the red side basically turns on a light switch when a fish is on.:wink:

16. Andrew Y'Barbo

Andrew Y'Barbo New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thats a good deer in the back ground. Have you shot any this year?