Juglines...Anchored or Free Floating?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jer__man, Apr 23, 2009.

1. jer__man

jer__man New Member

State:
    Kingwood Texas
    I've been a die hard trotliner for years, but after reading the many great posts on this site have decided to give juglines a go. My question is do you let your lines free float or anchor them down. I bought some 3 pound barbells for weights, but I was thinking of trying both depending on water depth. This is a great site, I find my self visiting almost everyday.
    Thanks for all feedback. :big_smile:

2. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Welcome to the BOC Jerry. I use free floating jugs.

3. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Welcome to the site. I also use free floating jugs, but I usually find flats or coves out of the main current.

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I use both. It depends on where the fish are holding. If they are suspended I use free floating, if they are on the bottom I use weighted.

5. BIGCATFISHDAN

BIGCATFISHDAN New Member

State:
    texas
    OK BUT HOW FAR DO THE FISH USUALLY TAKE THE FREEFLOATING JUGS

6. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I am usually in the middle of my group of jugs but usually they do not go very far before tiring out.

7. jer__man

jer__man New Member

State:
    Kingwood Texas
    Thanks for the feed back guys, I'm heading to the lake tonight. I have a place on Lake Sam Rayburn in East Texas. Hopefully I'll get to do some fish'in if the wind cooperates

8. BAMAJUGGER

BAMAJUGGER New Member

State:
    mccalla,alabama
    my place is on a lake made out of the coosa river here in alabama,we always go up in the creeks and slews and get out of the current.just find you an area with some good drop offs and good flats and throw out some free floaters. when i come across a good looking place where i think there maybe some flatheads ill throw an achored jug out.the farthest i have ever had a free floater go was 2000 feet up river and it only had a 20lb blue on it.i promise if you get out there and start catching fish on your jugs you will be hooked.also dont let your jugs stay out any longer than about 2 hours cause they can unhook thierselves.good luck and sorry about the long post