Jugline season

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ken_hawk, Aug 1, 2009.

1. ken_hawk

ken_hawk New Member

State:
    Halstead, Kansas
    I'm not sure if anyone has made a thread about this yet, but the Kansas department of wildlife and parks voted on a 3 year pilot program last october to allow jug fishing on 8 reservoirs from july 15th-september 15th. The 8 reservoirs are: Hillsdale, Council Grove, Tuttle Creek, Kanopolis, John Redmond, Toronto, Wilson, and Pomona. A $2.50 permit must be purchased. Only 8 juglines are allowed with nore more than 2 hooks per line, and must be tagged with the owner's name and address. From the KDWP site:

"During this season, anglers are allowed to set eight floatlines or eight setlines, but not both. In addition to floatlines, an angler may fish with two poles.

All floatlines must be under immediate supervision of the angler and must be removed from the water when fishing ceases. As with setlines, floatlines must be tagged with the owner's name and address. Materials used for floats are restricted to “closed cell” devices made of solid plastic, wood, or foam; metal, glass or any other hollow material is not allowed. Because closed-cell floats do not hold water, they are less likely to spread zebra mussels or other aquatic nuisance species."

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee

:eek:oooh::angry: Why would you wanna charge someone to just use a method of fishing? what are they gonna do next charge ya to be on the lake every hour????????:angry::angry:

3. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    8 hours fishing and $5.00 boat launch fee = $1.60 per hour. lol

4. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

They charge you $6 just to use a third fishing pole. I'm not sure what the charge is for the handfishing permit, but thats the way they do it here.

5. big train

big train New Member

State:
    Coffeyvill
    $6.00 for a third pole is why I know have Okla. lifetime fishing. Non res. okla fishing $275.00 kansas lifetime res. fishing over $400.00 Lucky I live right on the border.

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Aint that the truth Rusty? Kansas sucks sometimes.:sad2:

7. big train

big train New Member

State:
    Coffeyvill
    Really is sad. I have more lakes and better fishing plus 7 poles 20 jugs up to 5 hooks noodleing year round thats not for me 100 hook trotlines just off the top of my head. Plus blues which I do not except in the verdigris that have came up from oologah. Been reading alot on here about wintertime blue fishing and I am ready to give that a try this year.

8. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Seems like they try to nickel and dime you to death over little stuff. I paid close to $30 for the noodling permit. $28.50 or something like that.