juging rules + how late in the season

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by ROB_STANG2000, Sep 26, 2008.

1. ROB_STANG2000

ROB_STANG2000 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Does any one know the rules on juging for the state of Illinois. How late in the year can I cat fish?

2. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    As far as jugging, any body of water that is not two pole and line specific is open to jugging. I believe you are limited to 50 hooks per fisherman. Each jug has to be clearly marked with the owners name and address on them.

There is no "closed season" on catfish. If you wake up that day, you can catfish (according to DNR, my wife doesn't always agree but that something for a different thread:smile2:)

3. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    By the way, Welcome to the BOC :0a25:

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Think Brent got ya pretty much fixed up... DNR website has all the 2 pole limit places (most lakes throughout the state and parts of some rivers I think)...

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Probably be better off calling what ever lake it is you are planning to fish, as some do have "special" regs.... :wink: on jug lines that is............ Welcome

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    If you are ever at walmart, pick up the free DNR regs booklet in the fishing/hunting department. It will tell you lake specifics and all the rules/regulations on juglines and trotlines. Limblines are illegal in IL.

I jug Rend and Carlyle. 50 hook limit per fisherman and all fishing devices must be monitored at all times according to the regulations. Mind you, I would like to see someone sit by their trotline the whole time :wink:

7. ROB_STANG2000

ROB_STANG2000 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INFORMATION.

8. ROB_STANG2000

ROB_STANG2000 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was wanting to know how late in the year will the cats bite. I have ben told they are a warm weather fish. :confused2:

9. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    You can break ice and catch channel. Flathead get tight lipped at about 50 degrees. I believe Blue cats will bite all winter also, but I have never fished for them except in a heated lake. I have seen pictures on this sight of winter time blues from rivers caught during the winter months.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    if you can handle the weather they bite.:cool2:

ive had to wear coats and stocking hats sometimes and catch channels. af far as jugging. if the site allowes it as long as the water aint froze is fair game.

11. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Just remember to use smaller baits because there metabolism has slowed down. By useing smaller baits u will catach more fish

12. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    good point, I hadn't thought about that. Thanks

13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    As far as jugging, any body of water that is not two pole and line specific is open to jugging unless posted otherwise