Jugging?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by fester, Apr 11, 2008.

1. fester

fester New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Any place in Arizona that it is legal to jug for fish?

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR

3. Cactus Cat

Cactus Cat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    My understanding is that is it illegal to jug anywhere on arizona lakes that are state governed by the azgfd. You are however allowed I believe to Jug on San Carlos lake on the San Carlos Apache Reservation. I do not know if you are allowed to jug on the salt river on san carlos side of reservation or not I would like to find out hope this helps - Cactus Cat

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC someone on here can help ya

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i just looked at the state regs. think jugging is out. (don't know about reservations since they are a different thing) no where does it say anything about fishing with anything but poles or two lines if you have stamp. does say, and i quote. " fishing lines must be constantly attended and in immedieate control. according to F&G that i called awhile ago, that means no leaving poles out and going to tent or camper and sleeping.
    i had a ranger at picacho park on colorado river want to ticket me cause i pulled to shore to use restroom. left pole out in boat and walked up about 200 ft to bathroom. but i was nice and he let me go.
    gary