Jugging w/ Looper Rigs and stink bait

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by whicoy, Aug 6, 2007.

1. whicoy

whicoy New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have been jugging for 2 mths bait is getting hard to find around Reelfoot Lake, I have tried cut blue gill, shad, drum. Can anyone tell me if they have any success with something like a looper rig and stink bait. All information would be helpful.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Paul I have used looper rigs and Sonnys Blood dip bait on both troutlines and jugs with success. I also carry Wicked Stickey and Catfish Charlies (Shad) bait. Some days they prefer one bait over the other. I hope this will be of help. The looper rig will hold the bait longer than most. Try running your lines on 45 min. runs. Then add or subract run times to meet the conditions.

3. Spurhunter

Spurhunter New Member

State:
    TN
    Hey guys, first post here! EricM told me about this great site.

I have jugged several times myself, and while I used chicken livers, I dont think I will ever use them again! All the pro catfishers around here are using chicken thigh or breast chucks to catch lots of fish. I will definately be using that if I ever jug again. It holds on the hook great, and when rod fishing it can be used several times over. Try it out!

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Paul and Erik, welcome to the BOC!

5. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I'll go with Charles, welcome to both of you to the BOC. You have came to the best site on the net.
    Bill

6. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to the BOC. from Arkansas.

7. Spurhunter

Spurhunter New Member

State:
    TN
    THanks for the welcome. My avatar pic was taken Sunday on the great EricM's boat. We had a blast, hes a ball of fun to fish with! Caught about 150-200? lbs of blues too!

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC guys. Tell me more about this chicken for bait thing.

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC! I jug the Arkansas a lot, using frozen skipjack from Pickwick Dam on the Tennessee River (I get to use fresh skipjack there). We generally have a gathering there in the spring, and another in the fall. The next one's called 'Punkinwick', 'cause Punkin is the one in charge of getting everything together. You can find it under 'Gatherings', and we'd like to see you there, if you can possibly make it.

10. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    The answer is YES you can use Looper Rigs on you Jug and Troutlines with sucess I've done it you just have to run your lines alittle more often acording to the water conditions.
    Loop

11. Spurhunter

Spurhunter New Member

State:
    TN
    Nothing special, just cut chunks of breast or thighs, put it on the hook and hang on! GREAT alternative if you dont have time to catch cut bait. And it hold on the hook unreal!

12. Spurhunter

Spurhunter New Member

State:
    TN
    Well, new avatr pic is from the great Cheez's boat on 8-12-07! See his report for full details!

13. Spurhunter

Spurhunter New Member

State:
    TN
    Wondering if anyone has tried the chicken for bait yet? Im dying to know if it works all over and not just in TN!