Jugging/T.Line/L.Line question

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by IL_CATFISH, Aug 11, 2006.

1. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    What type of hooks do you guys use? Circles? Whats the best?

Thanks,

Ryan

2. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    8/0 Kahle hook... it'll stick it to em... good luck.

3. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    thanks. its appreciated

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    That was a question which asked for an opinion, and your gonna get quite a few. LOL - And the right answer is - any of them that will hold the fish.

5. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Which do you use?

Maybe I should get a large assortment so as not to anger anyone one :big_smile:

6. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I use a 90ss Eagle Claw. It is SS hook that is offset. I have used them for years with great success. You will find everyone uses something different for there gear. What ever you do, buy the best, and take care of it. I hate cheep hooks/equipment, as there are so many people willing to leave it, because it did not cost much. Buy the best, and maintian it. hope this helps

7. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois

Thanks mike, its appreciated.

8. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I've used Kahles, circles and Gama octopus hooks. Overall I like the Octopus hooks, the circles limited me on my bait sized in the sense that I felt I had to match the hook to the bait pretty close. The Kahles did a great job, but God they are a pain to get out of the fish. I've had to cut many droppers because I couldn't get the hook out of the fish while it was attached to the trot. A #8 Gama Octupus lets me go from soap, to cutbait, to big perch. Same hook , same trotline, catches and holds fish of all sizes.

9. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    For treelines I generally just use some cheaper hook. I don't wanna have expensive hooks out there. Any stout J-hook I can find at Wal Mart for cheap is what I use. The Whisker Stickers are a good choice. They work very well for treelines.

10. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Don't use any hook on a limbline in IL. It's not legal here.