Jugging on Table Rock Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by PDR, Jun 16, 2008.

1. PDR

PDR New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I checked the MDC web but could not find where it stated the # of jugs allowed. I see the 10 cat limit and the 33 hooks spaced at 2ft. but not the # of jugs.
    Is the 33 hook the determining factor or is there a specific # of jugs?
    Other than the Name and add. is there other conditions placed on jug fishing the Rock?

Thanks for any assistance.

Phil
    AIRBORNE

2. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    your 33 hooks are the limit of jugs if no other lines are in, name adddress etc. are required that is if these jugs are the floating ones and you must be with them at all times. I've found that 30 is the limit with me, you just can't keep up with that many and keep them baited and the fish off:eek:oooh:

3. PDR

PDR New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I appreciate your information, about 10 or 12 jugs with 2 hooks each is all I can maintain by myself. I usually keep 2 or 3 for eaters and CPR the rest.
    Thanks again for the informtion.

Good fishing to ya.

Phil

4. moodster

moodster New Member

State:
    mo,
    I took my two sons out on table rock yesterday afternoon and they swam and rode the tube until about 6:eek:o pm then we got out the night crawlers and got as close to the bank as possible and started catching tiny bluegil for catfish bait. most of you already know the water level is higher than I've ever seen it in 24 years so its way up in the trees so its harder to catch the bait fish without hanging up alot but it can be done.I use a small crickett long shank hook by eagle claw wal-mart carries them and a small split shot.I then cut up small bits of worms it dont take much to catch these little guys and my boys love it.we fished until almost dark with worms and some cut up bluegil that had died and got some bites but i never hooked anything.i had brought some floating noodles with us and baited 4 with live small bluegil in about 20 ft. of water toward the bank we went back out this morning about 6:30 am and had a 3 lb flat head on one noodle.I've been catin for about three years and have caught a fair amount of 2 to 5 lb fish but never anything really big. I hear about folks catching 15 or 20 pound cats there are many factors why it could be the areas I fish most of the time I fish secondary points or in coves because theres less traffic on the water. I've had good luck on trout lines in the past but once again nothing real big. I would like to try shad but cant seem to find a easy way to catch them.I hope some of this info might help someone I'm just learning too so good luck and go get them. I do know one thing for sure you cant catchem at home