jugging in S.C.

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by fisherman63650, Jul 16, 2008.

1. fisherman63650

fisherman63650 New Member

State:
    missouri
    can you jug Santee cooper is it any good ? and any tips on putting them out and what are the rules. thanks for any info.

2. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regulations.html

To fish 3-50 jugs, you must apply for a non-game fishing permit and tag and have a valid fishing license. Any helper with you must have the same. The jug must be no smaller than a pint and no bigger than a gallon with one line per jug. The jug must have your name and address on each jug.

You may only jug in Greenwood, Secession, Russell, Thurmond and Stevens Creek. Jugs can go in the water one hour before sundown and must be out by one hour after sunrise.

Use of two jugs does not require a permit or tag.

Bait - No game fish, no live bait, or any bait other than soap, dough balls, cut fish (nongame cut into three equal parts) shrimp, grapes, meat scraps, no worms, insects or other invertabrates. You must not be in possession of game fish while jugging.

This summarizes what the link above will take you to. I hope this helps. Ronnie:big_smile:

3. fisherman63650

fisherman63650 New Member

State:
    missouri
    sounds like i wont be doing any jugging when i go in aug Thank you for the info