Jugging in Ohio

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by H2O Mellon, Jun 7, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    In the past I've looked down on trotlinning, limb lining, jugging, etc.... but lately I've thought about the jugging & think it would be sort of neat to do. How is this done on rivers, wouldnt current be a problem?

Is there anyone in the SW Ohio area that does this? I'd like a lesson!

Some more Questions:

Do the fish die on the line? (I am CPR only)

Do Snakes ever get on these jugs? (If so, count me out)

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Buddy, I can tell you all about juggin, on lakes that is. Common over sometimes and we will take my jon out and I will show you.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am serious now, are you?

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes, Me and my ole buddy Steve used to do it..It is kinda fun, and the best of all is you get to shine your lite on the water!

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    SWEET! I'm selling all my rod & reels. I actually GET TO SHINE MY LIGHT & catch cats? Man, why didnt you tell me about this sooner?

I'm in love. Mellon the Jugg Hunter.... Oh wait that could be taken wrong! :lol:

"H2O Mellon the Light Shinning Jugging Maniac"

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Jack, dont forget to teach Mellon the part about getting out of boat to retrive the jugs. LMAO

7. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Wow, you guys are killing me. Down on things with all your heart and now wants to try it. Good job for keeping an open mind!!! Next I'll have you out bowfishing!

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Better read a little closer there. I said only jugging & basiclaly if I can C-P-R.

BOW"FISHING".... I don't think so. I don't see a need to destroy fish on purpose & boat & brag about it.-Sorry it's just not for me. I'll leave my Matthews on the rack until deer season. I'd rather go fish a pay pond than Bow "Fish", & everyone knows (or should know) by now how much I am against pay ponding.

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Freefloating jugs in a current is quite different from jugging in a lake, because the current scatters the jugs all over the place. Generally, jugging on a lake is simply relaxing while watching for a jug to start bouncing; in a current, you're constantly running back & forth, checking on jugs and picking up jugs that have gotten hung up or left behind in a salckwater, then running them up to the front of the pack to put them back in the water. It's definitely a lot more work, but I also seem to catch a lot more fish in a current than on a lake. Of course, that could simply be that I know more about jugging in a current than I do about jugging in a lake.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    JTREW,

Thanks for the info, I mean it! I'll pob need all the help I can get. :confused2:

11. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Your killing me here Mellon, stop this !! thats why you got a gator rod and a new reel so you can fish with a pole not Jugs.. You need help maybe you need to go see Doctor Sal Abby about your problems..:cool2:

12. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Do they allow Jugging at pay ponds Mellon?? I had to say that..LMAO

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Hey mellon,I hear ya on the jugging,I hadn't done it in abt 15 years until one of the challenges on survivor.I'm going later on today to set out a cpl jugs in a pond I fish at.Its pretty cool to see the jug bouncing and not know whats under it.My luck,I'll catch turtles.Oh well,their good eating.
    By the way,most of the ponds I fish at are over in Ohio.

14. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    mellon,

Juggin is a blast!!! One thing about it. Don't think that it is a lazy way to fish and don't forget to count how many you put out!

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    First pay ponds, now Juggs, whats next from Mellon???

16. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I just made a post for Dr. Sal Abby to help him, I hope this helps some he is going down hill quick.

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Bryan, I have some gallon milk juggs I will trade you for your Gator rod????

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm not sure but we may need Dr. Phil on this.With all that has happened I'm not sure there is hope.Hey flathunter,tell him you'll teach him how to jug-fish for his gator rod.He won't need it,didn't he quit fishing with R&R?

19. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    We uselly set jugs out on Lake Texoma in the dead of winter when its so cold no one is crazy enough to be on the lake running our jugs. Ive been on Lake Texoma pulling up jugs when its sleeting freezeing my butt off. But man when you start pulling up 20 30 40 pounders its worth it.

20. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    better yet, i have all the 2litre you would need!:lol: i have some jugs if ya wanna try it sometime.