jugging in ohio river?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by WV_Catfisherman, Aug 21, 2009.

1. WV_Catfisherman

WV_Catfisherman New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    is it legal to fish with jugs in ohio? i live right on the ohio river in west virginia, but its illegal to jug fish in WV, so thought maybe if it was legal in ohio i could fish the river. does anyone know if this is legal? thanks.

2. redneck_oh_44833

redneck_oh_44833 New Member

State:
    Galion Ohio
    yes jug fishing is legal in ohio.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

If you get a OH license you could do it on the Ohio River.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    As stated above you can jug fish in Ohio side.

5. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Yes,,, and no,,,, depends on where you are,, exactly.

...West Virginia fishing laws and regulations must be followed when fishing on the Ohio River mainstream and on embayments or tributaries that are within the boundaries of West Virginia .

Ohio fishing laws and Ohio River fishing regulations for the Eastern Unit, which cover the West Virginia / Ohio border, must be followed while fishing on embayments or tributaries that are within the boundaries of Ohio .

The embayment and tributary reciprocal boundaries for each state are listed in the Waterfowl Hunting and Fishing on the Ohio River brochure available from West Virginia DNR offices, and online at www.wvdnr.gov. Ohio and West Virginia anglers may travel and fish embayments and tributaries to the landmark locations listed in the brochure. These locations are also defined by distance from the mouth of the tributary and GPS coordinates for convenience. .....

http://www.wvdnr.gov/Fishing/License.shtm

6. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    yeah, what danzig said. get a day permit for ohio, stay on the ohio side, tear them up.

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    So if a big blue takes the bait and makes a beeline for West Virginia, does the fish get a ticket?

8. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    LOL! With the piss poor enforcement I have seen up this way, unless you are having a really bad day, I reckon no one, fish or man, will be getting a ticket.:wink: