jugging beaver again

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ccat, May 22, 2008.

1. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I fished last night (5/21) until 2:00am and have nothing to show for it.
    Set 10jugs out on a flat in about 7 foot of water and 10 jugs out against a bluff bank. Used mainly liver, but did put some live bream on some of the jugs too. Not a bite.
    I caught a few last week up a creek/pocket. Does anyone know where these cats are in beaver we are hearing they are catching? Should I have been in a pocket or cove? I marked several fish close to the bottom in both areas. The bluff had lots of laydown trees and such, but still didn't produce.
    I'll take any help on Beaver I can get.
    Good luck.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I use to trotline Beaver alot. Usually fished around lost bridge and moulder holler area and most always has decent luck. Try live perch.

3. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I know those area's, but where I live, and with the gas prices now to get me up there, I have to pretty much stay from Hickory Creek and up river.
    I might plan a trip later on in the summer for that area.
    thanks for the info.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Actually if i had my choice i prefer being up in the river the way the water is. Crappie should be doing their thing up there now also. Keep us posted on how ya do.:cool2:

5. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    john, will do.
    I am fishing Lake Conway either this Saturday or Sunday. I'll give yall a report on it next week. I am going to figure these beaver lake cats out, but it may take time. I live close to the twin bridges and will fish up the white river later on this summer. We tore the white bass up about a month ago over there, but I did see some good looking water to jug and trotline. I'll spend the summer learning that part of the river.
    thanks for the reply. Good Luck

6. sqirt

sqirt New Member

State:
    AR
    ccat i been plannin on heading up the white river some time soon. goin to launch at the new boat ramp at the twin bridges. i fished that yrs ago and always had loads of fun. maybe see ya out there?