Juggin Oolagah!

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Quackshutr, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    Son and I hit the lake last night at dark just north of Winganon bridge and on the east side of the lake.
    Nice easy breeze going so we just let it push us south as we dropped off jugs about every 40-50 yards. We had the Shrimp buffet lined up for the cats!
    :)
    We ended up catching 16 fish, kept 10.
    The two largest blues were 25" and 26" long.
    Two largest channels were 23" and 24" long.
    Nice mess of fish! !
    Plus some great quality time with my son!

Q

2. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    Sounds like a nice catch. Time to fire up the grease! I'm bout to get done on some here in about 2 hours, fresh, never frozen!

3. onebigflathead

onebigflathead New Member

State:
    nowata oklahoma
    sounds tasty had me a fish fry the 4th they licked the pan clean!!!:002:

4. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    Wooooo Hoooooo
    We hit em again last night! !
    Believe we caught 16 or 17 cats plus one good sized drum.
    Released two of them, one was a nice blue about 36" long! ! ! Not sure what he weighted but sure was a nice one!
    Here is a pic from my camera phone at 1:30am.

:)

Attached Files:

5. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    Dang, I KNEW I should have been out fishing last night rather than setting home watching tv.

Congrats on a awesome night of fishing... 17 cats.... man don't get much better than that

6. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    It was a blast other than the wind came up, am not completely sure that we found all of my jugs due to whitecaps on the lake making it tough to see jugs that had moved to either fish or wind.
    What was really amazing was the amount of shad we got into. I think there was probably 4-5 ACRES of shad in the area. Everywhere I shined the spotlight you'd say just waves of shad jumping.
    We didn't get to meet them but I think there was a boat drift fishing just down wind of us last night as they came up close to where we were and then just slowly disappeared with the wind over time.

Here are a couple more pictures of what we kept.

Q

Attached Files:

7. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Catch all of those on jugs? Did you just use shad for bait?Nice mess of fish. Warm up the grease, get out the corn meal.

8. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    I think we got all the jugs, even made an extra trip around the area in the boat looking for lost ones.
    We used shrimp and shad both on the first baiting, second time we used mainly shad.
    Our of the 17 we kept 11,,,,, not the entire bunch!

Q

9. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    nice catch i ready to get out there and catch some myself

10. jayhawkokie

jayhawkokie New Member

State:
    Grand Lake Oklahoma
    I'm going to put my jugs out here on Grand Lake Friday evening. If I can't catch any shad (been having trouble finding shad bigger than minnows) I'm going try to use Perch. I hadn't thought about using shrimp, have some in the freezer left over from last Saturday. We caught two nice blues in Carey Bay on shrimp.

A couple of my friends here use hot dogs and Little Smokies on ther bank lines with pretty good success.

Jayhawkokie

11. jugginhunter

jugginhunter New Member

State:
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    ya that was a fun nite wasnt it dad. i told we should have gone there earlier. when we goin next?