juggin on old hickory

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by 6pointer0075, Jul 27, 2009.

1. 6pointer0075

6pointer0075 New Member

State:
    tn
    Does anyone have any good suggestion on where to do some jug fishing right now? In the past we have done ok in coves but im hearing the cats are pretty deep right now so im guessing the main river channel would be better?? Or are they too deep to even mess with juggin?? Any tips on bait would be nice too. Been fishing with shad guts, cut shad. thanks

2. msd7806

msd7806 New Member

State:
    Pegram, TN
    Too deep for jugs? never too deep to use jugs. You may have to wait for a minute or two for a jug to pop back up when there is adecent size fish on there. we fish the main river channels with jugs and do just fine. but we do use larger noodles when on the main channel.

3. 6pointer0075

6pointer0075 New Member

State:
    tn
    thanks for the help..how deep do you usually fish with your noodles???

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have my jugs set at 2 to 15 feet deep and throw all fifty of them out everytime I go. I try to hit coves that have a little depth to them around 6 to 18 feet seems to do the trick. I have a buddy who put his out below cheatam dam last week and followed them down and slammed em which he always does. Make sure you have them at different depths just like you were rod and reel fishing spread it out over the diferent water colums.