Jugger's?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TennesseeJugger, Sep 23, 2009.

1. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Any other jugger's in here that want to swap tips?

2. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    why heck yeah i like juggin but man i do better on a rod and reel

3. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Brother you got to hook me up. I am in Watertown, Tn.

4. festus

festus New Member

There's a fellow by the name of Craddock who gets on here occasionally who jugs Watts Bar Lake.

5. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    MY HEALTH HAS JUST ABOUT PUT ME ON THE BANK BUT I DO LOVE JUGGIN AND LOVE TO EAT THE BIGUNS. THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS I HAVE PUT 30 FOOT LINES ON AND JUST ENOUGH WEIGHTS ON THE BOTTOM TO HOLD THE BREAM DOWN THEN PUT MY HOOKS ON 14 INCH DROPS WITH TROT LINE CLIPS WHERE I CAN MOVE THEM UP OR DOWN. MOST FISH ARE CAUGHT AT 3 FEET THOUGH. THE LONG LINES MOSTLY SLOW THE MOVEMENT OF THE JUGS.

6. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    I've never jugged but want to give it a go,
    thanks for posting this I'm looking forward to your tips maybe it'll put me in the right direction to getting into some nice ones
    Mike

7. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    hello fellow juggers,what all are u useing for the "jug"?me i us a 16"piece of yellow mega noodle from walmart with a piece of 1" dowel glued in with gorilla glue and a eye screw into that.we run about 16-20 foot of line with a 2 lb cannon ball on bottom and 2 8/0 gama circle hooks about 3&6 foot from the bottom.i'll usually bait up with a live shad or live perch on one hook and a head on the other,toss them out and start to watch for the noodle that starts to stand up<as a matter of fact,me and my boy are planning a trip next weekend,he loves to pull them in and see whats there! :cool2:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  8. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    COME down to alabama ill take you juggin after a day and night you will hate it :smile2:

9. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    Alabama is where I started jugging. Put the jugs in below lay dam at day break. By 10:00 am we would have 2 wash tubs full. Wern't no filleting then skinned every one. It would take the rest of the day to skin and bag what we had. There we could put the jugs against the dam here we have to start 1000 feet below the dam.

10. BAMAJUGGER

BAMAJUGGER New Member

State:
    mccalla,alabama
    lake mitchell is a great place to jug fish.we have a place on hatchet creek on the other side of the lake.it dont take long to catch a bunch of fish down there

11. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Hey Mike,
    I go every Sat. night on old hickory lake, I put in a Davis Corner off Hwy 109 in Lebanon. I also put in at Cedar Creek (Blowed out Bridge) Off 231 north in Lebanon. I have never been skunked!!!!!! If you would like to tag along some time give me a call 615-519-2337

Don

12. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Hey John,

I use swim noddles my self, I cut them 12 inches long then slide a 24 inch pvc pipe through them. I cap one end and then cut a three inch section of rebar, insert into the pvc so that it will slide. I then attach a eye bolt to another cap and seal the inside of the cap, attach it to pvc end.I then attach a barrell swivel to the eye bolt add 5 ft of 50 lb test the attach a three way swivel with a 12 inch leader with a 5/0 circle hook. Then I attach another 5 ft of line to the third end of the three way with a 5 ounce bank sinker at the bottom. This keeps them from drifting, make sure when you set them out that your rebar end is positioned at the short end of the jug(opposite end of eye bolt). When a fish hits you can here the rebar slide through the pvc and it will make a loud popping sound. The jug will flag, I also put reflective tape on the wieghted end so that when it flags you can see them with your spot light at night.youtube.com/watch?v=im89sa-gfrk check out this youtube for my jugs.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  13. festus

festus New Member

Hey Frank, is that your white truck in the background of your avatar? That almost looks like Walker's Landing on Little Emory.

14. T Man

T Man New Member

State:
    Grenada MS
    I seen a post by you somewhere said you have been catching a bunch of skips if you dont mind Pm me a location i need some winter bait for the Msippy

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009