juggers taking over salt fork

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by getthenet, Jul 21, 2009.

1. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    man the juggers are hitting salt fork hard friend of mine was out there fishing couple weeks ago jugger came into the area behind park office tossed out 50 juggs .now im not gonna start a war with them but thats a little overkill. also ill say this that whole area by park office is almost completely jugged out man no bites or nothing in last month or longer

2. brandonbtbt

brandonbtbt New Member

State:
    Cambridge, OH
    i hear that i was there tonight runnin 2 live gills and i got nothin.. i think the spot has become too popular cause everyone knows the spots around the rangers station nowadays.....

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    And I would be willing to bet alot of those jugged fish are swimming in pay ponds/

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    When someone is setting out 0 jugs or what have you it seems like the fishing has now went commercial. On an average I would think each time checked probably 10 or so should have a fish on them. They are rebaited an set out again that seems to colaborate what you said flathunter.

5. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    im sure my statement is going to piss someone off but here it is:roll_eyes:, when i see jug or lines i do away with them most of the time. if i just see 1 or 2, i let it be,i feel its just someone trying to eat some fish:wink:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Just seen this meant 50 jugs.

7. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    In may i caught a 40 lber behind the ranger station...has it been changed since may? I am looking to be back when the spawn is sure to be over in august but curious if im waisting my time since u guys kinda talk like i am...thanks!

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Once word of a decent spot gets out, alot of times it wont take long till that spot is fished out...Like was said guys setting 50 jugs, I am sure the spot has seen a ton of rod and reel fishermen also.

It is better to not tell exact locations where big fish are caught.

9. redneck_oh_44833

redneck_oh_44833 New Member

State:
    Galion Ohio
    I don't fish salt fork but I like to jug fish. I have set out 40 jugs at a time. I return most of the fish I catch (I know I'm probably in the minority among jug fishers) some one on here said If they see jugs or trotlines they "do away with them" That's no different than if I walked up to you on the bank and through your rod and reel in the lake That is illegal and if I caught you messing with my jugs you can bet the law would be called. I have enough trouble with the bass fishermen running through my jug or casting through them.

Matt

10. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have told one person about this spot on salt fork just to help out a friend in need of a good time...to the extent of my knowlede it was a total bust of em anyway. No one really answered my question. I have fished salt for a total of two times ever and dont know what to expect now. Is it a waste of my time to go back to this spot or should a try a new cove or two that ive been eye balling for a few months...You guys that fish salt fork frequently would know better than i....thanks guys!

11. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    David they never took every flathead out of the lake. Theres still flatheads in there. Just have to find a different spot i guess. People are still catching fish!

12. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    you said it:wink:! i would agree!

13. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    if you throw most of them back why do you jug fish?? would'nt be worth unhooking all them fish if i did'nt have the thrill of hooking and landing them!! jmo:wink:!!

14. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    40-50 jugs is overkill.i have done it.ramrod ansd i went out on salt fork,and threw 6 out.caught a nice channel and the 31 in my avatar in a couple of hours.my question is,why 40,or even 50.
    but,no one should be messing with any one's stuff,that's ignorant and would be breaking the law themselves.i think it should be regulated more than it is,but not that way.
    i really doubt that end of the lake is fished out.the fish are still in spawn mode and should be coming out of it before long and people will be catching them again.if people are taking the big fish out,well,thanks for ruining it for everyone else.
    greed suxks,but it is a way of life for a lot of people..........

15. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Another thing that makes me mad is that most all big fish out of that lake that is caught ends up at the damn baitstore 5 miles up the road. If you preach CPR like alot of these guys do, Take a damn picture at the lake and release it back in. Then take your pics to the baitstore. Id hate to wonder how many big flats never made it due to these people hauling them all over in the backs of there trucks!

16. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    a camera,,,,,,what do you do with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at least get a set of scales to weigh it and draw it on paper later...........

17. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    David , that cove is hardly fished out. Salt Fork is a 2952 acre impoundment. That cove has been jugged, and other places in the lake, for tens of years. If all this panic talk was true there wouldn't be a flathead over ten pounds in the entire lake :roll_eyes: Predators follow food. Now if someone jugged all the shad and pan fish out of that cove you might run into a problem.:wink:

18. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    YEP.............ive seen WAY TOO MANY 40-50 lb flatties being dragged around in the back of a truck and half of them aint even got water on them ..........they are laying in the truck bed drying out and almost certainly die !!!

i saw a guy do the same thing with 3 nice flatties from Tappan Lake this Summer..............had them hauling them around town showing ANYONE that would look at them and they were not in any kind of tub or live well !!!

19. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I just want to know when its gonna be legal for me to have 50 rods lining the bank! I just don't get why this is an accepted and legal method. If I get busted with a 3rd rod I'm gonna get a 95 dollar fine.

Back in May, I was fishing one night and there were two boats blocking the mouth of a cove so no one else could get in. Know why? They had out between 50 and 75 jugs in there!

20. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Im not against juggers but,The odnr needs to change there regulations to 6 jugs per fisherman no matter how many acreage of water is being fished IMO!