Juggers noodle jugs 101

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by TennesseeJugger, Nov 23, 2009.

1. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    After a few BOC have viewd my video, they are wanting to know how I make my jugs. so here is juggers noodle jugs 101.

Noodle jugs 101

List of materials that you will need.

• swim noodles
    • ½ thin walled pvc pipe
    • pvc end caps
    • screw in type eye bolts
    • # 3 size re-bar
    • large barrel swivels
    • large three way swivels
    • 5 ounce bank sinkers
    • 50 lb test line
    • 100 % silicone
    • 5/0 hooks
    • pvc glue
    • Reflective tape

Cut swim noodles to 12 inch lengths, cut pvc to 24 inch lengths, cut re-bar to three inch lengths. Take pvc and cap one end with glue, insert re-bar and slide swim noodle onto pvc pipe. Slide down until there is only about three inches of pvc showing on one end.
    Drill a small starter hole in the other end cap and screw in eye bolt. Seal the inside of cap with silicone (around eye bolt threads) and glue on cap. With pliers spread apart the eye of the eye bolt and slid on large barrel swivel then close eye bolt back. Tie 5 to 6 ft of line to swivel then ad three way to thend of line. Tie on a 12 inch section of line to the three way then tie on hook on this line. Tie another 5 to 6 ft section of line to the last eye of the three way and then tie on bank sinker. Go to wal-mart in the automotive section to buy your reflective tape. Rap tape around the three inch section of the pvc pipe.

When you put your noodle jugs in the Water make sure that your re-bar is in the small section of the pvc. When a fish hits the noodle will flag causing the re-bar to shift to the long in and keep it flagged. The bank sinker will hold them in place and keep them from drifting.

Hope this helps and good luck!
    :wink:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing Don. You make it sounds simple. Appreciated.

3. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    To be an ole boy for Tenn. I'd say your on to something with those jugs. That is very ingenious with rebar and making stand up after it has been hit. Do you put any kind of cusion in the pvc so when the rebars moves and hits the end so its not as likely to spook the fish? You have built a very jug there and thanks for telling us how to do it.:cool2:

4. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    No cushion at all I like to hear it pop and you can hear it far off, I want it to scare the fish it helps set the hook.

5. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    I can understand that.:tounge_out:

6. dthrasher

dthrasher New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks Jugger I will be making a trip to the harware store.

7. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks a lot Mr. Don..I will try them out..

8. festus

festus New Member

Great plan, Jugger, thanks for the info. This has to be more efficient than the old half gallon Mayfield's milk jug plan we used several years ago.

9. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    yep the 2 liter coke bottle take up to mucm room:sad2:

10. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    don bring them juggs to wheeler when you want to lose them !:smile2: i want to see you jump in after one . them might go under and never come back! seen it happen . broke 125 # test twin in open water ,broke stanless hooks in the 7 to 8/0 range. they caught a 101 her but there are bigger!!!!!!!! the record is HERE i know it

11. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Why would I want to come to Wheeler when I am catching fish here?...LOL. My PB so far on them is a 23 pound blue, he could not keep it down at all. I did loose one a couple of weeks ago, we saw that it was flagged and went to get it, it went under and never re-surfaced.

12. KajunKat

KajunKat New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    WHat type of hook do you use with this rig. if you are wanting to spook the fish, will a circle work? or a kahle? interesting plan however I think i will make a few to see how they work. I have gone from water bottles to gatorade bottles to pool noodles. Noodles are best so far, they don't take on water, crush and make a really nice hook storage location in the foam.

13. criss

criss New Member

State:
    ohio
    I use a simalar set up here in Ohio they work great. I also use a 8 inch lite stick and push it in the upright end,so you can really see them at night.

14. Thad

Thad New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Yeah, pool noodles are the way to go. Everything that KajunKat said plus they don't blow around as bad as jugs if there's any wind blowing.

I'm definitely going to try sticking the light sticks in the end.

15. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    It's pretty obvious that your using approx 10-12 feet of line for your weight, it that the depth your fishing, I understand the situation can change, but is that where you find yourself the most?

16. TensawRiver

TensawRiver New Member

State:
    South Alabama
    I use the same set up myself, Love to see and hear them Flag......I also lost one the other night, as I threw it over to set it and it just kept going down, down, down...lol...must have gotten a whole in the pipe some how.