Jugfishing regulations in Pennsylvania?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by tomcat85, Nov 10, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i cant seem to find the jugging regs for pennsylvania can anyone help me out?
    thanks!

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Funny you should ask. I was looking thru the reg. book today after reading the post about making the noodle rig but i couldnt find anything there or on the pfbc website.

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    haha me either so does that make it legal? lol.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Probably makes it IL legal.

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    probably hope it isnt though.

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    but is it illegal if they dont tell us? other wise how do we know?

7. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i guess we call the park service or something? im almost positive youll have to be around it at all times. i dont see us even being allowed to leave it alone through the nite lol.

8. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Probably fall under the same regs as for trot lining.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I don't think any states regulations state you cannot use dynamite for fishing... just get caught doing it and tell them it is not in the regulations. EXPENSIVE

10. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You shoudl definately make some calls to find out for sure. May be the same as Trot lines if there are regs for that in your state. Here in Ohio, they put right on the rules, trotlines, jug lines,........

11. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I made the call to the pfbc today on my break at work. i first spoke with a woman who asked someone else about jugging and knoodling. she said no to jugging and yes to knoodling. when i asked if theres anything specific about the knoodling she xfered me to some guy. he said that jugging would be ok as long as its attended to.usually when someone says they want to jug. they mean to leave it there and come back the next day or a few hours later to check it. he said that is not allowed but if its attended, then it should be ok. He had me describe what I thought was knoodling and he said the rig that I described from this site would be legal in PA provided your attending to it, not just leaving it. HIP HIP HOORAY!!

12. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    yes! were allowed to jug! hahaha. im reall happy about that. thanks for calling. what rig did you describe to him? thanks again brother.

13. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't want to be a downer about jugging for you guys, but if the guy you talked to said it should be ok, you might want to check with someone else to make sure it IS ok. If one guy says it should be ok, and the officer stopping you at the lake about it says it isn't, then he will have more to go on. Hope you guys do well if you put any out!

14. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    It's illegal. it falls under the trotline rules. I'm sorry but it's true. I'm gonna be a Game warden soon and have to know the regulations. Eyes on your 2 poles at all times.

15. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    the only rig I described was for knoodling which is the kids knoodle on pvc with the rebar in it so when the fish hits it pops up.

16. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Don't your state have an e-mail site to the State Department of Wildlife, or whatever it is called there? Think I'd pose the same question in writing (even if I had to use snail-mail). Then if the answer said it was legal, I'd carry that letter with me. If the warden still cites you, at least you'd have evidence to show the judge for mitigating circumstances. But, if they said "NO", that is just like date rape...no means NO.

17. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
  18. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    oh well it prolly is illegal ive called the place about using cutbait before. one of them said yes and the other said they didnt know. so i told the guy who said yes he better make sure and he did. im going to school also to be a game warden. sometimes i wonder where the ones we have now get their information! :crazy:

19. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I wrote a letter. I want it writing so when Im out at lake nockamixon, I dont get in trouble.

20. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    I think I would call your LOCAL game warden and ask HIM what the reg's are!!!
    He is the one who would be giving you the ticket!!

Them idiots in Harrisburg, couldn't find their BUTT with a search warrant!!!