Jug weights

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by AwShucks, May 11, 2007.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I was recollecting my last trip jug fishing and how I'd get hung up all the time. Seems like I was in one of the muscle building programs trying to break my line so I could go on about my business. Got to comparing hanging up with jugs with hanging up with my rod and reel. We all know to put the weight on the line with some additional line which is less strength than the main line. So, I got hit by this bolt of lightning. Thats 240 pound staging with 20 lb test line for the weight.

Attached Files:

2. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thats a nice idea. I thought of doing that once, but I figured about 95% of my jug hang ups were from a hook not the weight. If your weight is causing the hang ups though this will work really well. Sometimes theres nothing harder than trying to break off from a hang up.

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a cool idea.

4. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It works for me. I put my jugs not only around structure but right in the middle of it most times so snags are always a potential problem. I would rather my tuggin energy be spent on a big catfish rather than on a big underwater log.

5. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    That's a GREAT idea Lawrence !!!
    We use big old weedeater line for our "Main" line. I have no idea of what it would take to "BREAK" that stuff. If it ever got hung up we would be out of luck. It's tough to cut it with a knife.