Jug/Noodle fishing near Bossier

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by LouisianaFishNut, Dec 28, 2009.

1. LouisianaFishNut

LouisianaFishNut New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey everybody! I don't post often, but thought I'd see if anyone could offer some advice. We wanted to go try chasing the noodles for some cats, but wasn't sure which lake would be good to try for it near Bossier City, and what area of the lake. Tried it once on Caddo, but I don't think the location was good. I know the Red River is great, but I'd rather stay on a lake right now. Any suggestions would be appreciated! It doesn't have to be only for cold weather either. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while now, but it may be this spring or summer before I get much of a chance. Thanks a bunch! Have a great New Years!
    Scott

2. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Some people jug on cypress. They say they do pretty good. The only place I go is the river so I can't help much.

3. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Where are you from in Louisiana.I live in Haughton and run jugs on the Red.You can run in the Ox Bows on the Red and not really be on the river.I'll start running jugs in April or May on the Red.

4. LouisianaFishNut

LouisianaFishNut New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I live in Bossier, but usually fish Caddo since I have a camp out there. We can catch them with yo-yos or trot lines, but once I get away from the treeline, I don't know what areas are good for noodles. I've heard there are a lot of catfish in Cross Lake, but I've never really fished it before.

The reason I was trying to stay away from the river was that I've heard a lot of the sandbars have shifted since the heavy rains earlier this year, and frankly, I'd rather not find them the hard way! :roll_eyes: Figured lakes would be a little safer.

Thanks for your help.

5. KY KATS

KY KATS New Member

State:
    ky
    Couldn't help you with a lake I jug fish in the river.